Burning through gas

shawnharris10

Local time
1:01 PM
I’ve been riding my bike to and from work daily which is about a 14 mile trip and then cruse around after work as well. I don’t keep track of how many miles I go but only had this bike about a week. I was pretty excited about getting on this bike and riding, I rushed mixing the gas/oil. And now that I checked how much oil I have left I’m thinking I mixed a 80:1 I also have a 2 gallon gas can and may by why I mixed it that way. But I burned through 2 gallons in one week. The bike has been taking off a littler slower I think and is losing power. And won’t currently idle like it used to. Is it normal to go through this much gas?
986F87F3-1E48-4104-A71E-5996E25C48C7.jpeg
42165F2E-87F9-4A54-8738-768F10CA0C36.jpeg

It is a 32:1 mix which is 4 ounces 2 cycle oil to 1 gal of gas...@Chainlube, I actually thought the plug was a little too gray myself indicating it running too lean, if that plug is gray and not tan, just in case that its the lighting on the pic...If indeed its gray, the c-clip on the needle valve needs to be moved down the needle by one notch...DAMIEN

Ps...Shawn, you really want to get rid of that junk, Chinese plug that came with the kit...They just suck...lol...you want to get an NGK-B6HS or its resistor version NGK-B6RHS...which ever is available...make sure it is gapped at .025, (25 thousands).

Im getting about 90 to 95 MPG but my weight plus the bike is 295 pounds combined.

Last edited:
It is a 32:1 mix which is 4 ounces 2 cycle oil to 1 gal of gas...@Chainlube, I actually thought the plug was a little too gray myself indicating it running too lean, if that plug is gray and not tan, just in case that its the lighting on the pic...If indeed its gray, the c-clip on the needle valve needs to be moved down the needle by one notch...DAMIEN

Ps...Shawn, you really want to get rid of that junk, Chinese plug that came with the kit...They just suck...lol...you want to get an NGK-B6HS or its resistor version NGK-B6RHS...which ever is available...make sure it is gapped at .025, (25 thousands).

Im getting about 90 to 95 MPG but my weight plus the bike is 295 pounds combined.
Thanks man I will be investing in a new plug very soon just to be safe.. I didn’t build this bike I bought it so I’m kinda new to all of this stuff. I will be building my own very soon. Which brings me to my next question how or where do I find the c-clip and move it down and how to I make sure my plug is gapped at .025 Pics would help me if you could. Thanks again for the help 👍🏻

Thanks man I will be investing in a new plug very soon just to be safe.. I didn’t build this bike I bought it so I’m kinda new to all of this stuff. I will be building my own very soon. Which brings me to my next question how or where do I find the c-clip and move it down and how to I make sure my plug is gapped at .025 Pics would help me if you could. Thanks again for the help 👍🏻
Check out this thread, https://motoredbikes.com/threads/nt-carb-tuning-basics.24867/

Look at the 8th and 9th pictures for the needle and clip. The top on the carb just unscrews and the needle will be hanging out the end when you take it out. Be very careful taking it apart, you don't want to loose the little "C" washer. Examine the pictures closely before you take it apart, pretty simple, just small parts.
If that isn't like your carb, then post a picture of the one on your bike.

Uh rooh shaggy. You done wore he down some. Time to step up to 24/20:1 an rejet. I run around 3 ounces of my mix ( 1 of the good bean juice and 2 of lucas, shaken not stirred and then poured into a little gas on the bottom of the can, shaken again, then filled and shaken again. Sean would be proud). Bean juice save ya engine if ya flunk up. I've tried to kill engines running it. They'll seize, but with almost no damage and fire right back up after cooling down. Run the bean juice, dont have to be a lot. Ive had same half gallon for a year.

Arhhhh matey I will have to keep your bean juice in mind. I ended up throwing together some thicker juice and she seems to be. running ye little better now. But now I’ve developed a rattling sounds at high speed. It comes and goes. I’ve tighten up any nuts and bolts periodically… sounds like it’s coming from the motor. And It gets a tad bit shakey at max throttle now. But she still gets me 14 miles to and from work everyday..

The more oil in the fuel, the leaner it runs. Oil thickens the fuel which makes it harder to suck through the jets. That can cause pinging and overheating.

The plug definitely does not look good.

Back