Zeda 100 "Max"

Pretty straight forward.

3 options
1. Helicoil.
2. Tap for a 1/4-20 bolt.
3. Drill and tap for an M8 bolt.
If I have to drill and tap it why don't I just drill and tap to the next bigger size? Why use a helicoil if I can just tap it one both sides bigger?
I think Rocket has already pointed that out as one of three options already...lol.

I think Rocket has already pointed that out as one of three options already...lol.
Yup, I never said you had to use helicoil. If you drill and tap to a larger size you will also have to drill the exhaust flange and get a new bolt. Heli coil will keep you from needing to drill the flange and getting a larger bolt

Helicoil - keep same bolt as stock.

That's the advantage.

If you have no problem going a size bigger, and only have metric taps. Go to an M8. M8 is the most common exhaust bolt/stud size on most engines.

If it helps you decide, I would go for an M8 myself. Ideally it should be drilled to a 29/64 before tapping.

Yup, I never said you had to use helicoil. If you drill and tap to a larger size you will also have to drill the exhaust flange and get a new bolt. Heli coil will keep you from needing to drill the flange and getting a larger bolt
I will get a larger bolt

Helicoil - keep same bolt as stock.

That's the advantage.

If you have no problem going a size bigger, and only have metric taps. Go to an M8. M8 is the most common exhaust bolt/stud size on most engines.

If it helps you decide, I would go for an M8 myself. Ideally it should be drilled to a 29/64 before tapping.
I already have this

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_133129406_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230811_133129406_HDR.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 45
Back