Zombie Zena

This is my 1st Proto for elimination of one of the rear drive chains. 3 chain design. This is not easy from scratch in your garage. At least not for me....

3105_Z_Zena_1.jpg

Custom tank, fill in the void between the frame. You could use the frame from my bike as guide/template. mine is a little ghetto, but with the right tools and some patience, it could look really good. I will try to find a picture.

Found it,

Attachments

• 2009_stretch_cruiser_2_2.jpg
    2009_stretch_cruiser_2_2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 407
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but no tank!!

Maybe on the next build. I'd like to see yours though. Send me a PM with your # & we'll get together.

very nice zombie. is there any more resistance with all those chains vs. having only two? is it one speed?

Chain Path

Yes... One speed. Direct drive is more efficient. Lose some hp by 3 chain design. I still goes 27 mph on a flat, Sea Levels love this.. NO DRAG from pedaling alone without motor. & Hey Large F. I tried to do a cluster shifter..&%($##$$) with this setup you really need just one Chain path. I tried 7, 4, & then just 2 Even the narrowest most flexible chain had troubles with any motor driven NON Parallel Chain Path. I have exhausted my ideas to do this especially on this bike. I like the way you think though.

Chain path

The advantage is a LOT less drag when you pedal it with no motor. It also doesn't need a chain tensioner. Strectched frames really end up with long chains that are problematic over 20 mph. especially when the drivechain has to run over a roller for a direction change to clear a frame. This setup has shorter than normal length chains that run straight & smooth. Even though there are three the total length of all 3 are 25% shorter than 2 chains.

sagy chain

thats for clearing things up for novices like me. :) i use a rear rack mount so have super short chain which has MUCH less sag as its vertical.

Rear Rack

Is it shorter than this?

Attachments

• Honda rack mount.jpg
    Honda rack mount.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 424
...a work of art!!....speachless...
exactly like that is that yours?

but in usual mnc style theres 90 percent customization :)

Back