Picture 6.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 242
  • Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 220
Thats funny, I was just on my way to put up the pics..thanks L/P, I figured I could count on you. I downloaded that program that for making the pics. smaller and I have to say, that was a very easy program to use. Even I figured it out, I just was not sure that I was going to find my new pics as I'm not sure of where it put them...lol

Yes, the bike is very nice and this summer I will do more barn hunting. The guy still has not told me if he will sell it for the $150 I offered. He just said that he will bring the bike by this weekend for me to look at. I will not let him leave with it and will go another $50 but that is it.
One poster said I should not motorize it, my only issue with that is that I don't go out without my motor. I have turned into a very lazy guy over the last few months. I think he may be right though and may just try to turn it into a mint original bike . I love the fact that it is as old as I am. Now i need to find a parts place where I can get those cool steel rod/no cables brake setup. That is so old school and I love the look.

That's a nice big frame there! Love the bike ...I don't know but I might be sorely tempted to motorize it after all. Your find, your call...hope you can get it.

If your having trouble uploading your pics cos their too large resize them in IrfanView,it's a free German image viewer.
http://www.irfanview.com/
I didn't expect the Raleigh to look THAT good....GO FOR IT.......it's also an investment. :cool:

For fifty you won't lose!!! I know these Ralieghs and they are good solid bikes. You can still get tubes and tires for them. What a find.It's funny, I went from old cars to old bikes then motoredbikes and motorcycles. Still love my old dart, but once bitten by the bike thing, I never looked back. There are a lot of similarities, or paralells between the two hobbies/motorsports, and I think you'll not be unhappy with the old bike thing as well... Good luck and Have Fun!!! P.s. I'd motorize it but that's me; it's your bike your call!

You brought some good memories back when you mentioned your old Dart.
I was 15 years old out delivering the early morning papers, there was this "bad arse" driving around in a blue 69 340/4 speed. He took me for a ride and we ended up in a police chase through the streets of Toronto!
That was my first time in a stick car and I tingle with pleasure even now re-living that morning. Later I found out that the reason he was out at 6am was because he was well know and did not have a licence.
I've been in love with that car since that day. That was one sexy car!

Attachments

• b332c7a7-73ca-4e6f-9ca5-8dac1f646a2d.jpg
    b332c7a7-73ca-4e6f-9ca5-8dac1f646a2d.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 229
I agree with NOT motorizing it. Find something different, & not collectible to motorize. That bike is a " Beaut " as it is .

You brought some good memories back when you mentioned your old Dart.
I was 15 years old out delivering the early morning papers, there was this "bad arse" driving around in a blue 69 340/4 speed. He took me for a ride and we ended up in a police chase through the streets of Toronto!
That was my first time in a stick car and I tingle with pleasure even now re-living that morning. Later I found out that the reason he was out at 6am was because he was well know and did not have a licence.
I've been in love with that car since that day. That was one sexy car!

Well I don't want to stray too far off topic, nor do I want to jack yer thread, but just like, real quick here... This is my daily driver, "Magoo".

Attachments

• Dart 2.jpg
    Dart 2.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 202
  • dart 1.jpg
    dart 1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited by a moderator:
Back