1st Build...any tips WELCOMED

DrBudGreengenes

Local time
5:56 PM
Hi Folks...my name is DrBud
I'm building my 1st Motorized Bike-cycle
it will be my Primary mode of transport...in and out of a remote home...13.5 miles out into the desert
for the next 3-4 months..
I'm starting w/my Raleigh M-80 MtnBike as a Base
My plan is to purchase a 66cc 2-stroke & a Jack shaft kit
to allow me to use the 9-rear gears...
any one have any input...I would like to do this Right...the 1st Time
Thanks...
:cool:

Maybe the best advice that I can give would be to have some sort of backup. A regular old pedal bike or another MB. Or a car, for that matter. Maybe a motorcycle or scooter.

It's not that I want to be discouraging. These bikes are great little vehicles. But the chances of that thing being ready to ride every singel time you need it are pretty low.

The good news is that the bike becomes more reliable as you learn about it.

So far from what I have learned... send about $400 to bicycle-engines.com for their 4 stroke kit... it is the kind that will bolt to a Honda engine, or a DAX engine, or any with the 5/8 shaft... They are currently out of 2 stroke kits... buy the 4 stroke v frame kit... I'm $1500 into trying to get some transpo Dude...
My plan? I'm buying a spare engine & trans from the same people, and putting them away on the shelf.... That way if I have a major issue, I ain"t stuck until parts arrive...
I have a 2 stroke grubee 66cc in a GT2-A frame... Nice, fun to ride... Dependable, it aint....
I live at the beach and Have a mobile Bicycle repair business, I want to pull a trailer and do it from my Motorbike, instead of my Van...

Back