2 stroke muffler question

Exhaust Pipe Exploded!!
On returning home from a 10 mile ride the exhaust pipe actually blew off! I had removed the baffle from the exhaust pipe, I'm guessing now the can acted as a basic expansion chamber, I was going about 29mph and the gases built up so much that they couldnt get out the can quick enough. High Pressure + Carp welding = Explosion. I must say though the sound is awesome and the performance is amazing!! But I would not reccomend you do this! It will severely damage the engine, only had to ride home about half a mile though luckily. The muffler can blew off, just leaving me left with a header pipe bolted on to the engine! Now I've got an excuse to upgrade to a pocket bike exhaust pipe, will keep you all informed on my progress.
That's quite amazing....at 29 mph it goes to show the potential dangers of some situations with p-weak parts.
Howz your heart...still ticking-over is it?

Just about!

That's quite amazing....at 29 mph it goes to show the potential dangers of some situations with p-weak parts.
Howz your heart...still ticking-over is it?

Haha yep! all of a sudden the bike just sounded like a dragster and i accelerated! pulled over and there was nothing left! Couldnt resist to ride it again though, i was more amazed than annoyed though! had to walk 200 foot back down the road to find the can, and melted my gloves trying to pick it up. Is the danger of no exhaust pipe the mixture leaning out too much and the bike overheating? I think I'm going to go for the Santa Cruz pipe now though

Looks great!

I use this on my bike with the dax80. I couldn't believe the impact my new pipe made on my low and especially mid range.I would definitely recommend the new Santa Cruz Scooter Works pipe! you can get one from pipelyne in SAN Jose

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/w31john/bikes/DCF008.jpg

Ye I like the look of that! I think I'm going to go for that one. did it go on ok? I dont no how to weld but I'm willing to learn so this should be a good little project.

w31, is there a reason why you are pimping this pipe in so many places ?
it seems that all your recent posts are doing this
is this a friend, or maybe a financial stake in the endevour?

That pipe looks like it could do some serious damage to your thighs if you aren't careful
With a normal seating position that sieve mesh arrangement over the actual pipe would do wonders at insulating your leg against any direct heat.I'm thinking u could probably keep your leg on the exhaust all day and it would just get warm.......that's one of the things that attracts me to this exhaust.

I've got to get the bike about 2 miles to college so I can build my new exhaust pipe. pedalling it isnt a possibility, its all uphill. Do you think I should just ride it anyway with only the header pipe left on it. What I mean is would the engine be knackered without any back pressure for 2 miles? I'm assuming the damage is done by t he engine being too lean and overheating badly, is there other implications? Should I risk it?
Thanks in advance for your help

w31, is there a reason why you are pimping this pipe in so many places ?
it seems that all your recent posts are doing this
is this a friend, or maybe a financial stake in the endevour?

He is a good friend of mine,no financial stake in the endeavor. He also helped my son do very well at stand up scooter racing.I hope he stays with these bikes for a long time.We race or ride almost every weekend with a small group of friends.He made many different pipes for years and this one works the best on these motors.This is a link so you can see his bike with the reed intake.If you want your bike to go fast talk to Dean and he can hook you up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back