2 stroke muffler question

I would not do it if I was you. That pipe looks so short. Why don't you walk around your garage and think of ways to hold your muffler in place, there is always a way. A coat hanger,or bungy cords (with added heat protection), hose clamps,,, a drill and a couple of well placed screws along with wire ties,,,even some long springs or a pipe that slides into your pipe. You will come up with a way, I can tell by looking at your pictures.
At least with the muffler in place you should be safe ,along with no wide open throttle

you Do realize the reason there are no pictures of his pipe here is because he got himself banned
(using pm to send our members there)...NOT cool :(
thats why he's on the wannabe site...keep it there

Last edited:
posting a link to the wannabe site is not a way to help
posting your bike and the maker of the pipe's site are different
there have been a few instances of the other site underhandedly try to drive our traffic there
(please don't make yourself look bad, by doing the same)

I've got to get the bike about 2 miles to college so I can build my new exhaust pipe. pedalling it isnt a possibility, its all uphill. Do you think I should just ride it anyway with only the header pipe left on it. What I mean is would the engine be knackered without any back pressure for 2 miles? I'm assuming the damage is done by t he engine being too lean and overheating badly, is there other implications? Should I risk it?
Thanks in advance for your help
2 miles with no exhaust...personally i wouldn't risk it.I would either make up something(eg,out of a coke can) or have a lend of a friends exhaust,or temporarily attach your original exhaust,or get someone in a car to drive the bike there,OR get up earlier and walk the bike there....bummer i know but 2 Mls ain't much Vs a ruined engine.

Muffler for 2stroke

Hi there!
Can anyone tell me what muffler I can put on my Robin ECo4er 40cc 2stroke? Something that will be quiet as possible. Can't have a long pipe.. Thanks

Attachments

• Picture 154.jpg
    Picture 154.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Picture 160.jpg
    Picture 160.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 232
Back