225cc tillotson engine install advise

Joshua Ates

Local time
8:29 PM
I am installing a 225cc tillotson engine on my phatmoto rover frame , any advise or tricks that will make it easier?

I am installing a 225cc tillotson engine on my phatmoto rover frame , any advise or tricks that will make it easier?
you will need to make a custom muffler and a pod-style airfilter, and you would need to change the clutch to a 3/4, becuase they come stock with a 5/8 engine. also you need to remove the tank on the stock engine.

other than that, be sure to check the bike every time you ride!

I have a new clutch and performance carb and header for the muffler , the one I bought has no gas tank or gas tank mounts.

Do you think the engine mount bolt spacing will line up ?

probably not, as the 225 has a bigger BSD.

I have a drill and some new bits , I always could bore them out or drill new ones. The welded mount has slotted holes to position the motor to tension the chain to the jackshaft.

It has the same gear set up , is it going to be faster without changing the gearing or am I going to have to change that as well

It has the same gear set up , is it going to be faster without changing the gearing or am I going to have to change that as well
it wont be faster as the governer is still installed (unless you removed it) but it will have more torque and acceleration.

it wont be faster as the governer is still installed (unless you removed it) but it will have more torque and acceleration.
Ok good to know , so when I get the motor today , I should remove the governor gear before I fill it with oil. Then hopefully it will have better top speed and such.

Ok good to know , so when I get the motor today , I should remove the governor gear before I fill it with oil. Then hopefully it will have better top speed and such.
it will get you more rpms, but test the stock engine because sometimes they are bad from the factory.

Back