4 Stoke making a worrying noise/stalling!

If you're careful with the sandpaper, you may not need the hone. You only want to get the surface clean, not resize the bell.

Hmm... when I looked at it after cleaning all the clutch pad dust out, it is completely smooth on the walls of the bell. No nicks or scratching, just a little discoloration (burn?) and no warping either.
There are some minor scrapes near the center by the bolt as seen in the photo but not very deep. I'll pull it off the assembly and see what it looks like after flushing it off and post a couple new pics.

Before:
20200506_100651.jpg

During:
20200506_174118.jpg

Finally after:
20200506_180459.jpg

I just finished pulling it off and it's going into an oil can until morning. I pulled the clutch and cleaned up the inside on the engine as well. It's sealed off with an improvised plate until the new clutch pack comes next Tuesday.

Again, I really appreciate all the help folks. Kind of a bummer way to get brought into the forum but I'm glad it did!

Last edited:
Ugh! When it rains it pours! Everything is ready to go except one small issue... I can't get the center bolt off the flyweight.
So far, I have tried WD-40, Deep Oil, Rust Off, heating it up and cursing at it in 3 different languages.
Any suggestions?
15891347046566943903713199457867.jpg

Last edited:
Electric impact gun/wrench will buzz that right out.
I've got a power drill and sprocket adapter... how do I keep the flyweight from rotating with the drill though? I want to remove the bolt, not jump start my engine (yes, I removed the plug wire before hand, but I couldn't pass up the joke opportunity.)

I tried lodging a screwdriver into the side but it's just eating up the edge of my housing.

Back