4 stroker or not...

jeffhammell

Local time
12:25 AM
ok so i have recently found this new hobby of mine now...MB. I love it! However still have yet to purchase a motor, but the day will come, and I SHALL RULE THE WORLD!
Ok enough of that....i'm unsure of a motor....2 stroke( always wrenching it like a Harely Davidson), or a 4 stroke (kinda known to be abit more dependable). So last week i went and purchased a cheapy bike called the Kent BAYSIDE, thinking a 2 stoke is in order for this cruiser.
Then i get to thinking a 4 stroke i really shouldn't throw out...i mean it's always an option...right?
Well after checking to video's on youtube about measuring to see if a 4 stroke would fit or not...they both seem to say NO! However i have seen my bike (the BAYSIDE) being sold with 4 stoke kits...what gives?

Nice bike. I think the Cranbrook would work better, though. The Bayside will accommodate any 2 stroke kit.
5d167c5e-5eea-420e-9f90-3645d917b980_1.d887f0ec7db9915b4fcb151360e1457d.jpeg

Just my opinion, but if you bought it at wally world they will probably take it back if it still looks new. My reasoning is the brakes. this is a really poor braking setup. If you are going to go through all the money and time building a bike you might as well get a bike that will last and has the features you want on it to begin with.
At least v brakes front and rear. Caliper brakes suck . Not being a as***le, it's just that I already made that mistake. If you go a diff. route maybe look for something with a little beefier chain stays that spread out right away and go to the drop outs at a straighter angle rather than a v shape . It will give you more room to play with for chain to tire clearance, and make chain alignment with the tensioner easier.

I would seriously consider the four stroke for some projects if I could get a
"Grubee KCK long shaft 10G transfer case"
but (I can't afford it and) idk what the status of that venture is atm. Can't hurt to ask/ apply pressure though! :)

Back