70cc gas scooter pocket bike parts boost bottle

boost bottle

great pic of the p.b.u. engine loco! they have some of the coolest stuff! ok back to the topic on boost bottles , the idea is you try to duplicate your cylender volume exactly at the bottom of stroke with boost bottle tapped into intake manifold. thusly foolin the carb that it needs to dump more gas to motor. i.e. larger volume of cylender. they also sell a thing called a boost box which replaces intake manifold . & will pressureize the intake & work like supercharger.

hey philcred , try this motor
1271_AIRCOOLEDWITHBLASTBOX_1.jpg

or this one...my fav
1271_70AIRCOOLED_1.jpg

oh not to burst your bubble but from i understand sunl is being sued and is closeing seence they do not fix ther engines or have parts they say that they do but from the dealers on the net and in my town say its a hox and a scamso look and ask before you get great looking engines and seam fast but remmeber they are clones and do not have the same stuff as a real honda engine just be careful out ther aboute that brand

HI All,

I bought a boost bottle from Boostbottle industries off Ebay...I have not gotten the kit yet but when I get it and hook it to my engine I'll post what I think about it....NOTE: I may not be able to find this very thread so I may have to start a new one....;-O

Andrew

off topic but helpful: if you subscribe to this thread, you'll find it just fine.

searching for "boost bottle" will get you here, too :)

let's try to keep fragmentation of info to a minimum, please 8)

HI All,

I bought a boost bottle from Boostbottle industries off Ebay...I have not gotten the kit yet but when I get it and hook it to my engine I'll post what I think about it....NOTE: I may not be able to find this very thread so I may have to start a new one....;-O

Andrew

i got a double hiter kit from the same people,the reduction in vibration alone is worth the $35.runs smoother and more power for starting.

HI,

How long did it take for them to ship to you...I did a buy it now on Ebay along time ago (probably a week and a half ago) and even emailed them but no response....

Andrew

just a heads up for all the new people we have coming in...if you're an ebay'er, using the ebay searchbox (at the top of our site) once a month means MBc gets a few cents if you buy anything during the next 30 days.

ebay item number: 320117197993

tom uses the money from that and the google ads to pay for the MotoredBikes.com tank stickers & postage. if you haven't yet, email http://motoredbikes.com/misc/contact with your username & mailing addy, and get some MBc stickers on that motoredbike today 8)

dave1490, wavygravy was just telling me how the thing works (he's a pocketbike nut)...i think it may have some benefit, not as much as a reed, but some. maybe it won't work without a reed. i'm sure wavy'll have something to say when he sees the topic.

the one thing i dont like about the ebay searchbox on this site is that when i use it, it changes from motoredbikes.com to ebay.com, why doesnt it just open another window?

jon

Boost Bottle on Quarkdudes 80cc Chinese Engine

Hello all,
I ordered a (70cc boost bottle) from www.boostbottleindustries.com and got it a couple of days ago. I was curious as many if these things really work. What do you know, IT WORKS. I have the steel aftermarket intake on my 80cc Chinese engine, so I drilled and tapped it to screw the brass 1/8" NPT fitting into the intake. I had to grind down the brass threaded area to clear the air path inside the intake and it came out pretty good. I mounted the boost bottle above the carb like instructed and connected the clear tubing between the 1/8" NPT fittings on the boost bottle and the intake manifold. Got the bike moving and got the engine started. Didn't notice any change immediately but rode around my neighborhood for about 1/4 to 1/2 a mile and then started to feel a change in the way the engine ran. It was a lot smoother and it felt like I didn't need to give as much throttle to cruise. I gained about 2 MPH on the top end on flat ground. I rode it to work today and it gave me a little more speed on RPM increase. It rev's up quicker now. These Chinese engines don't have a ton of torque but when they wind up in RPM, with a boost bottle on, you can feel the bike speed up quicker than without it. It kind of feels like when a turbo spools up - a smooth progression and pull as the RPM increases. So, in summary, I like the boost bottle it does give an increase to an 80cc Chinese bicycle engine. I'll post some pictures of my setup soon - still need to take some pictures of it for the forum.
......Quarkdude

Back