70cc HT just blew at 3,200 miles

Engines can use pressed in wrist pins (pressed into the piston, not the rod) or "free floating" wrist pins with keepers. The roller bearing is employed because of the scant lubrication available in a typical two stroke. It requires very little lubrication to function, and the open cage design allows more of the oil/fuel mist in the crankcase to contact the load bearing surfaces. The disadvantage is that the cage holding the rollers will break the moment you hit the "critical RPM" point, so they aren't tolerant to over-revving. In your case, with 3000 miles, maybe the bearing was substandard and failed, maybe it was weakened from a "high speed blast" down a hill and failed under "normal" use. Who knows?

car/truck engines that have a pressed in wrist pin are pressed into the rod, not the piston.

About my motor. Maybe it failed because the day before I raced a guy on a motorized scooter. I reved the helll out of it lol

I have never had a bushing bearing fail on any of my HT engines provided some castor oil was used in the mix. However, I did experience a roller bearing failure that seized the engine. It was my fault though, I was going downhill at full throttle and well above the normal rpm range.

There are German and Japanese replacements for the wrist bearings. I priced them out a while ago and they were very expensive and would require a minimum 250-500 dollar purchase at 20 bucks a pop. Perhaps, it would be worth getting a quality roller bearing repalcement to prevent them from fatiguing and failing in the future????

About my motor. Maybe it failed because the day before I raced a guy on a motorized scooter. I reved the helll out of it lol

my son still loves to do that
rev the heck out of it

kid can not seem to have any engine last for long

I just don't understand it...

aprox 50 engines later
never had one seize
just keep oil in there
and remember --- NO REASON TO OVER REV ANY ENGINE !!!

makes it better when we wish to Ride That Thing - Mountainman

Has no one taken any pic's of the internal workings of this engine?

I have been looking for quite a while for photos or video documentation for the purpose of fully understanding the mechanics and functions of this engine.

I cant exactly afford to tear my engine apart just to find out... Its my only means of transportation, and if it's disassembled then i wont be going anywhere for a while.

If anyone has any pic's of this, or has a link to where they are already posted, then please post.

Thank you.

There are several pics of the internals on this board. Keep searching and you should find them

My 25cc homelite killed a wally world bike at 550 miles...
My friend's 25cc homelite is nearly 8 years old with 8500 miles on the speedometer that broke 2 years ago. We run 40:1, 89 octane and we over rev all the time. The new ethanol gas performs less on a humid day! HT's are faster though...

I am surprised, I have read people getting up to 90,000 miles on RAW motors.

Back