80/66 cc engine not starting

try taking out your baffle to give the engine more flow (the thing with a single bolt in the middle, the bottom of your muffler, comes out with pliers) and give it a test ride, you'll see what I mean.
Petter has mentioned in the past about noise levels where he lives in Europe, even though he goes off road with his bike, i think he trys to ride under the radar to get to the woods and these bikes are not legal on any roadways in the EU...Hence, taking the exhaust baffle out would attract way too much attention to him due to the noise factor...lol

Petter has mentioned in the past about noise levels where he lives in Europe, even though he goes off road with his bike, i think he trys to ride under the radar to get to the woods and these bikes are not legal on any roadways in the EU...Hence, taking the exhaust baffle out would attract way too much attention to him due to the noise factor...lol
He was just saying to try it and feel the increased flow. I personally like a quiet exhaust myself as well.

heres a good book to get started on modding things and how the 2 stroke engine works

but the main reason you would get MORE power is called AFR or air to fuel ratio.

these bikes from the factory run RICH (or too much fuel) as they need more air into the chamber to match and get more power.
to compensate, we give it less fuel and more air.

try taking out your baffle to give the engine more flow (the thing with a single bolt in the middle, the bottom of your muffler, comes out with pliers) and give it a test ride, you'll see what I mean.
I tried just for the experiments sake to remove the air filter and remove the baffler and it made a huge difference. Only downside is it’s very loud and I’m putting the engine at risk. But this however is very confusing to me. I have been taught that an expansion chamber with a small output on the exhaust is the best for power, but doesent this reduce the flow of fuel as the engine has to use its energy to push out the exhaust??

Exactly, well pointed out

heres a good book to get started on modding things and how the 2 stroke engine works

but the main reason you would get MORE power is called AFR or air to fuel ratio.

these bikes from the factory run RICH (or too much fuel) as they need more air into the chamber to match and get more power.
to compensate, we give it less fuel and more air.

Thanks for the book suggestion, I will see if I can find it translated as there is a lot of very specific concept-words that I don’t understand.

yea, I was just saying for a bit, just to prove my point.

but, the jet controls how much fuel the engine gets. and the engine needs a certain amount to how much air it can suck (like a compressor)

if you have too much fuel, the explosion decreases, resulting in unburned fuel and less power.

the opposite can happen as well, too little fuel results in a smaller explosion and the engine gets too hot (since the fuel cant keep it cool enough) and can seize.

hope this helps

Well you now know that you indeed are running rich. So put your exhaust and air filter back on and jet down and.... -profit-

Back