80cc Nel Russo Beach Cruiser

adlar951

Local time
12:15 AM
Hi All,

Well I just got my first motorized bicycle and so far I am thrilled with it. I had a few start up problems that had to get the kinks out but all fell into place. I believe my builder was in a hurry to get my bike to me. I should have emphasized for him to take his time.

So if you are having one built at this time. Be sure to do that. It will save you time and frustration in the long run believe me.

I found this forum and havent got to the thread someone already posted on the issue. Which is vibration during throttle. Funny thing is that before I even got into detail about my prob someone posted the exact issue I was having.

Which is lots of vibration at half throttle. I did read a little of the thread which someone stated resonating frequency through bike frame. I do understand this theory which at this point makes much sense. So I will try to make sure everything is nice and tight.

Other than this theory is there anything else that would cause this problem or anything that I should look out for or try to eliminate this prob???

The first time I rode it I thought the bike was going to fall apart....As I got used to it I just gunned the throttle and it smoothed out.

I sure wish I could avoid this vibration frequency as it is scary and could be troublesome to keeping things tightened down on the bike.

Please help if you can. Im also on my 2nd tank at 8oz 2 stroke oil : 1 gallon 90 octane.

Thanks all and I look forward to a great time here in the forum.

-adlar951

Welcome to MBc, Adlar . Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under "Introduce Yourself" has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky #3 has info on Forums...how you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. However, read all of them.

For your specific problem, be sure to make generous use of the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped, post a question in the 2-Stroke Forum and I am sure you will get an answer; but, be sure to read everything you can first. Good Luck to you, Adlar...you're headed in the right direction.

Patrick

Back