\_/ big China girl on a little frame

20190119_034645.jpg

Got bored today and turned the pedal side into a six speed. Mounted the grip shifter upside down on the left as someone else suggested. Soooooo much nicer to ride in 1 or 2 gear instead if the like 6 gear that the single speed was.
20191025_151340.jpg

Almost forgot to say, main reason I did change it to multi speed was to eliminate my worn out tensioner on the engine chain. I removed 2 links and just adjust tension with wheel placement like a regular single speed bike.

Last edited:
Don't know if a jack shaft will fit on this bike or not. Six gears through the engine would be so sweet though. I don't think I would like freewheel though, no engine braking or pedal starting :(... recoils are cheap though but add bulk.

You can pedal start, just not with the momentum of the bike. You have to put it in a low gear and kick start the engine with the pedals. I'm sure it won't be as nice as the bump start was, I love how easy the bump start is, but it would be a different bike altogether with a six speed two stroke and tuned pipe ooh! 🤩
And I'm sure you can have a very much larger choice of legit suspension forks if you buy a new frame! You can get a couple or one semi legit fork in 1" but you can choose from dozens per week auctioned on eBay by people upgrading to 1.25" and 1.5" and tapered steerer and needing to get rid of the old 1.125" forks. There's some good deals because 1.125" is so old tech now. The wider stuff is the stiffer it is. 🤔🤭🤭🤭🤭😦:ROFLMAO:😂

Finally got around to filing the teeth down on my front sprocket to run a single speed bike chain on the engine side for a little more clearance to the frame. Old chain would touch the frame if you leaned left. Finally getting some use out of this chain press I bought last year as well :). I say filed down because I had the grinder out but after looking close I just about 10 swipes over the side of each tooth and it fit. I didn't even use the grinder. The sprocket might be made of cheese lol.
20191029_180440.jpg

Super like I scored 2 free bikes today through a friend who was helping another friend move and was like "yeah I'll throw these away for you" 3 good tubes and 2 good tires and some other miscellaneous. A couple thumb shifters. One had sweet made in USA rims with hollow axles.

Back