A solution for tube punctures?

Darkwolf

Local time
5:49 PM
So I woke up this morning, ready to take red rocket (my only means of transportation) two towns over for some errands I need to run and step outside to find my damn back tire totally flat. This is the second tube I've replaced in 2 months, I found the sliver of metal that caused the first puncture and removed it, checking for anything else before placing the new tube in and reassembling the whole thing... now apparently I picked up something else!

This is a stupid problem to have but a problem all the same, so I'm curious as to what you guys know of that can eliminate this issue and keep me from possibly being stranded 20 miles from home some time. Also... would help if it's something that you can easily obtain from a big retail corporation like a Walmart and such. Aaaaand go!

If you have inner tubes, they make a liner made of Kevlar. It slides between the tire and the tube. They work really well. I rode my bike with a screw in it for over 70 miles. I don't recommend doing that because that screw eventually shredded my tire but I also have that green ooze in my inner tubes for punctures and I have the heavy duty inner tubes,.
Those Kevlar inserts are great because you could ride over anything and not worry about a flat tire, the only thing I've had problems with is road debris. Meaning I pick up a screw here pick up a screw there you know.
Or there's also a topic in this forum about airless tires. They're rather expensive though. Or if you don't mind you're bicycle weighing more you can get those solid inner tubes.
But in all honesty those Kevlar inserts work well with heavy-duty inner tube and that green puncture proof ooze.
Some advice, add a spare tire and a spare inner tube in your tool kit. Always carry a compact air pump. They sell those foldable tires which are great space savers.

Get tire liners and a tube filled with sealant (either buy the sealant or a tube prefilled). OR, buy a real quality tire with high threads per inch (there is a term for this). Yes, it sucks to change a tire in any situation with a motorized bike especially one at the side of the road miles from home.

Awesome thank you all for the response! I took the liner idea and used what I had lying around... the junk tube minus the stem and laid it between inside of tire and the new tube to hopefully help. I checked both tire and old tube for any puncture risks first lol.put 40 miles on it today and so far so good!

cut the bead & sidewalls off an old tire and stuff that tread inside the tire you're running on
Listen to crassius.
That old timer has been around and is doing good things for MB riders in his area.
What could be cheaper and better than another tire inside of the tire?

Research and listen and experiment.

;)

Check out Mr Tuffy liners. I did a lot of research on liners effectiveness after getting a flat 20 miles from home on ebike and being pissed as hell. Those type are the best. Should be about $15-20 for two wheels. It slips between your tire and tube. Very easy to install.

Back