Brakes aaaaahhhhhh help no brakes

Not sure. I have them on steel rims on my motorbike and have yet to squish the rim even on doing a baby endo. On my mountain bike/cruiser hybrid I have some old school Araya box rims, I have actually been tossed on that bike while doing a single track and the rim was fine. That is alloy I believe. I could imagine some of the lighter rims out today could get squished, though I never ride the bleeding edge as if I want to shave pounds off my bike I could start with my stomach.

good point on the rims there.i use old steel rims and there very strong, though a bit heavy i feel safe on them so ill keep em on till there stuffed. on the brakes topic it was just something i heard a while ago. im very keen on getting a pair soon, ill have to talk the wife into letting me spend more money :bowdown:

When it comes to V brakes I've always liked the Avid Arch supreme and arch rival series.
Good stopping power even with dirty, greasy or slightly bent rims.
Of course these days my stuffs all disc so i no longer worry about grabbing a hand full of brake in the rain and nothing happening.
BBB

Back