Ahh!!! frustration

Whitewill1412

Local time
7:23 AM
I can't find my regular bike chain breaker and I just effed up my pedal chain trying to use a chain breaker that's too big. We recently moved and some stuff is still packed away and I have no idea where it is or even if I still have it. Now I'm stuck

I went to the hardware store and ended up with the cheapest little chain breaker ever made. I did get it to work but it was not easy. I also bought a new chain but it is too short. Looks like I have to Frankenstein the chain. I have 2 of them to work with now.

Thats what I have always used on my chains when I cut them down to custom fit without the tensioner.
Really?! I use a center punch and a big ole adjustable spanner.
You see Damien is a little lacking with eyesight, so he'd probably wack his thumb.
Once I grind the rivet edges down enough, then i use the punch...lol...I thought you would have automatically figured that one out...lol.

You grind the the expanded area of the pin off, the outside link will just pull off. Then the other link with the 2 pins will just push out wiggling the link up and down while pulling on the link to the outside.

Back