Aloha no ka kou-

Mike H.

Local time
10:17 PM
Hello to all of us-

I am new to the motored bike world, but not to having fun with motors-- I just built a screamin' HD softail with some help and parts from the v-twinforums. I am here 'cause I recently put one of those cool little chinese motor kits on a Schwinn OCC chopper frame that I found in the trash one day. The motor was obviously designed with a different frame in mind, but i had fun figuring out all the little things that were needed to make this work. I'm not out to break any speed records, just make it run really good and not spend any money on it. This is just something to ride around the 'hood when I am out drinking beers at neighbors' houses. I hope I can learn a few tricks and also help a few ppl out!
Aloha, Mike

welcome Mike

sounds like fun what you have planned with your MB
the old Mountainman will not be drinking any booze today
it does not seem to work for me anymore
as my friends say though
just because you are not drinking -- doesn't mean that you still can't buy some for them
makes sense to me

the little Lady and I were in Kona a few months back
also lived in Perl City when I was a little mountain (rock fish) boy

have fun as you ride those things

Thanks, Mountainman. As with vacuum cleaners, I prefer to keep the rubber side down and the dirt bag on the top! (just kidding about the dirt bag part:whistle:)
aloha, Mike

E Komo Mai!

Aloha and welcome, Mike,

Glad to see another MBer from Hawaii. There are just a handful of us on this island, with a population of over 700,000.

I have not seen another motorized bike on the road. All I see(and hear) day and night are.......

MOPEDS!!!!!!

Aloha,

Myron

Actually there are 7 or 8 of us (depending on mechanical issues due to crashing) out on the Kailua/Kaneohe/Kahaluu side. You will mostly see us lurking after work or late at night... I would hesitate to ride this thing in town-
Aloha, Mike

I've thought about riding my MB to the Windward side all the way to Waimanalo, via Waipio gulch and North shore.

That uphill ride from Haleiwa to Whitmore Village would be an awesome exciting challenge!

Yikes! I hope you bring a pillow for your okole! I can't stand that crappy bicycle seat with no suspension after 20 minutes!

Occ Chopper Motor Mounts

Hi MikeH...ENO from Down Under...No doubt you have found that the motor isnt made for the OCC Chopper..To give you an idea of what you need to mount it check out my page ENO / ALBUMS and you can have the plans to build your own...Might have to sweet up a welderman with a box of ale unless you can hold the torch yourself..Good Luck to you and Hawaii...ENO

Yeah, the whole project was an exercise in solving problems, but a few 12-packs later I managed to get everything to fit. I have a little wire-fed welder and my buddy has access to a lot of scrap iron, so I was able to make a mount that LOOKED like one I saw on e-bay for way too much $ in shipping. Here's a link to the finished product-- I hope this works...

http://www.motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=525&pictureid=3083

Back