Any info about forks?

FelekSta

Local time
9:25 AM
So idk much about them like how much travel for what, coil/air, preload etc. could someone walk me through them so I understand at least something? I would prefer this instead of just someone pointing what should I get
(Btw fun fact discussing is one of best way to learn something for long term)

Forks for what frame? What do you want? How much to spend?

Are you wanting ari forks, oil forks, springer forks, moped forks? There are tons of different forks and way too much information to cover for all of them.

Forks for what frame? What do you want? How much to spend?
I would like to keep it close to 100$ max 200$.
Are you wanting ari forks, oil forks, springer forks, moped forks? There are tons of different forks and way too much information to cover for all of them.
Idk, idk anything about what does what on them that's why I'm asking someone to explain what's for what, what is the difference, and what those weird words mean for example "preload adjustment" if I increase preload will they be stiffer? will I increase travel? Idk

Not to sound like a butthole, a book can be written about your general ?s. You need to narrow it down a bit. Google different types of bicycle forks/suspension.

What size are the forks on it now? The older standard of a 1 inch steerer tube on the frame is obviously too small for the newer 1 and 1/8th inch standard. Need to get the right part. Taking it to a bike shop would be the easiest, they can get the correct size replacement and answer your questions.

What size are the forks on it now? The older standard of a 1 inch steerer tube on the frame is obviously too small for the newer 1 and 1/8th inch standard. Need to get the right part. Taking it to a bike shop would be the easiest, they can get the correct size replacement and answer your questions.
1-1/8" steer tube, btw it's Sr suntour Nex 700c

Back