Any info about forks?

I got great deal on this bike it's from 2016 and originally costed 650usd I got it for 60$, I can easily get my money back by selling components that I won't use/prefer to change. Like hydraulic d brakes from front and back, seatpost, seat, Shimano 9 speed drivetrain etc

I think you would probably prefer a long travel mountain bike fork. You would probably do best with one that is adjustable with stiffness. You are wanting to ride forest roads so adjustability would be your friend. I don't think any of us know much about forks lol

I think you would probably prefer a long travel mountain bike fork. You would probably do best with one that is adjustable with stiffness. You are wanting to ride forest roads so adjustability would be your friend. I don't think any of us know much about forks lol
Ty for helping:)

The cheap forks just have one spring in one tube and if you are lucky there is an adjustment to control the tension. Better ones have two springs, top of the line ones are like dirt bike forks.

The best ones have springs in both tubes with variable compression rates, ie the spring wires get thicker near the ends or there are two springs in each tube, that can be adjusted for how much effort it takes to compress them. Also they are filled with oil that controls the rebound and compression rate as well, this is adjustable by various means, basically the oil has to be squeezed through holes in the fork tubes in order for them to compress at all.. This can be changed by increasing or decreasing the size of the holes or by changing the viscosity of the oil.

And on it goes but this is a start.

The cheap forks just have one spring in one tube and if you are lucky there is an adjustment to control the tension. Better ones have two springs, top of the line ones are like dirt bike forks.

The best ones have springs in both tubes with variable compression rates, ie the spring wires get thicker near the ends or there are two springs in each tube, that can be adjusted for how much effort it takes to compress them. Also they are filled with oil that controls the rebound and compression rate as well, this is adjustable by various means, basically the oil has to be squeezed through holes in the fork tubes in order for them to compress at all.. This can be changed by increasing or decreasing the size of the holes or by changing the viscosity of the oil.

Well now Ik why idk sh*t about them, too much crap for my adhd brain to handle xD

Anyways tysm for info! What should I look for whenever I'm searching for budget forks that are comfortable and won't explode?

Back