Anybody heard of these guys?

I agree with the others - $350 for assembly is a bargain, especially considering the jackshaft system.

For people who are not mechanically inclined, installing a Happy Time kit can be frustrating because it is very rare to be able to just bolt it on without any modifications whatsoever. The ones willing to invest in the effort can buy a bike from the thrift shop, and add a HT engine for little cash.

Arcee, in my case, I actually wanted to do the installation but time became the limiting factor. So in my case it was what I paid for my time.

Here it is

Finally got it assembelled:

Adjusted the derailer (Was not shifting correctly)
Trued up the wheels
Adjusted the brakes
Adjusted the clutch
Added the bike carrier
Changed out the fuel petcock (Using SBP one know)
Tightened the main drive chain

I also noticed that the main drive chain was jumping at a particular location, further investigation revealed that the the master chain link studs were rubbing against the chain gaurd and were getting kind of hung up. I changed the direction of the master link and all was ok.

While adjusting the the clutch the lock bolt (that locks the wire) broke inside the clutch lever, it was made of really crappy metal. I ended up retapping the hole to 10-32 threads and using a nice hex 10-32 bolt. I also supported it by using a hobby wheel collar lock, worked really well. If anybody needs pictures and part #'s, please let me know.

It's a blast to ride, still breaking it in. The SBP shifter kit is great.

Attachments

• searcher21.jpg
    searcher21.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 230
I've had good luck dealing with Rich on several purchases. One time his supplier screwed something up and he spotted it and fixed it on the spot. Saved me a lot of hassle as I wouldn't have known what the **** was wrong.

His bikes are very nice looking. If I was going to buy something ready-made I wouldn't hesitate to buy it from Rich.

Back