At Last A Front LED Light that performs for speed riding at night

it's not I can't afford that light, it's the fact that I like to build ny own stuff and i can not justify paying that much money for a headlight.
if you want the best there is, why did you buy a h.t. motor for a bicycle?
if you want the best there is, you should have bought a real motorcycle.
I think it is great when guys build their own stuff. So much creativity and talent is displayed here showing that this is very much a part of this hobby. But isn't wanting the best part of the driving force behind that? The best motor mounts, the best hardware, the best wheels, the best brakes. Just because it is a bicycle it can't be the best? It has to become a motorcycle? Do you have any idea what it takes to have the BEST motorcycle? What do you say then ?
You should have bought an Automobile?
Let me tell you my bike has a Morini Franco Motor, Harley tank,hydraulic disc brakes , Sram Dynamo Hub,Lumotec Lighting, Manic Mechanic Parts, Surley Wheels, premium tires, a custom paint job with old school pinstriping and a lot more. I like my Bike because it is a Bike and not a Motorcycle. If I wanted a Motorcycle I could buy two. For guys like you ,who wonder why my bike is what it is ...I mounted this on the rear fender. That should send a message. Ya think?

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 327
this is what im looking at getting for my bike and the helmet clip http://www.maglite.com/maglite_xl100_led.asp

It doesn't have a price so it's hard to judge it but I doubt you'll use any setting other than full power because it is 83 lumens. That is only a small fraction of the lumen level of the Ay-Up that I posted the thread about. I know lumen level isn't the most indicative way of telling how good a light is on a bicycle. In essence the LED Maglite is a small hand torch with a special clip so it can be put onto a helmet if needed. It has not been designed a cycle light and it has to go on your helmet.

It doesn't have a price so it's hard to judge it but I doubt you'll use any setting other than full power because it is 83 lumens. That is only a small fraction of the lumen level of the Ay-Up that I posted the thread about. I know lumen level isn't the most indicative way of telling how good a light is on a bicycle. In essence the LED Maglite is a small hand torch with a special clip so it can be put onto a helmet if needed. It has not been designed a cycle light and it has to go on your helmet.
i need a helmet lite the way i ride cause it is small like i want but i do need to find a good sturdy lite for headlites i never had a straight headlite to use i always used a cheaper lite cause i always break stuff but since im gonna be riding back and forth to work im gonna need something a little better than that i always just used a lite to be seen not to see but late at nite and very early in morning im gonna need a better lite but i could never afford a 250 dollar lite maybe 50 or 60 dollars i would half to see and i know it would half to be a lipo led lite no halogens

$241.00 dollars? please, what are they made of? gold?
P.T. Barnum said it best. "THEIRS A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE"
I made mine out of an old square car halogen 12v fog light and two cheap but bright led flash lights...
The LiPo battery pack was the most expensive part, I used a 24 volt battery from a electric drill.
The two flash lights use 4.5 volts each, i drilled a tiny hole in the sides and wired and shrunk wrapped the leads... That's 9 volts.
The fog light is 12 volts.
My rear lights are the good old "blinky" types that can be had for about $5 bucks each, which i drilled and wired as i did with the head lights, 3 volts each for a total of 6 volts
#1-Square car halogen fog light....12v
#2-Twin led white flash lights, 4.5v each= 9v
#3-Twin rear red "blinky" lights, 3v each=6v
Total voltage required= 24 volts
I even used the socket off of the old drill so its a plug and play deal.
Total cost? about $64.00 not counting the heat shrink tube and some nuts bolts and brackets i made.
Lights are important but lets not get silly here.
$241.00?
Wanna buy some swamp land in Nebraska?
BBB

Last edited:
I do noy want to buy swamp land. What I want to buy is a GOOD headlight. I do not wish to build one, I want to buy one. How much would you charge to buld one and deliver it to me?

I do not want to buy swamp land. What I want to buy is a GOOD headlight. I do not wish to build one, I want to buy one. How much would you charge to buld one and deliver it to me?

Alaskavan, you can't be seriously contemplating buying a light off him surely?
There's probably 20 hours labour involved which hasn't been factored in. It was a pretty nonsense posting implying that I buy swamp land and can't tell good value when I see it. It was also really rude and disrespectful of that guy to write all that aggressively negative stuff about a light that has achieved huge acclaim in respected cycling magazines. I beseech you to avoid cluttering your bike up with big car rally spotlights and associated brackets, torches taped on all over and a plethora of wiring and batteries looking like a dog's breakfast.

Huge Acclaim?

Alaskavan, you can't be seriously contemplating buying a light off him surely?
There's probably 20 hours labour involved which hasn't been factored in. It was a pretty nonsense posting implying that I buy swamp land and can't tell good value when I see it. It was also really rude and disrespectful of that guy to write all that aggressively negative stuff about a light that has achieved huge acclaim in respected cycling magazines. I beseech you to avoid cluttering your bike up with big car rally spotlights and associated brackets, torches taped on all over and a plethora of wiring and batteries looking like a dog's breakfast.

Ok, First off i didn't say anything bad about that particular brand of head light, i just said it was WAY over priced for what your getting and i stand by that.

Secondly, I usually do not sell headlights, just hand made copper, stainless steel or aluminum tube/pipe gas tanks, exhaust silencers and boost bottles.

Third, whats with the personal attack? If i wanted to build a light set for this person or any other i would.
As any one who has one of my creations will attest, my stuff works, is well made and a bargain for the money.

I don't know what your problem is, but im reporting your post as hostile.

The PT Barnum and the swamp land quotes were meant to be funny, they were not aimed at anyone.
Lighten up, this is supposed to be fun.

BBB

no harm no foul.

I do noy want to buy swamp land. What I want to buy is a GOOD headlight. I do not wish to build one, I want to buy one. How much would you charge to buld one and deliver it to me?

Alaskavan, I would be happy to walk you through the assembly of the same type of light system i made for free.
John is correct in one thing, there were many hours of time spent on building a good solid working light system.
Just the measuring, cutting, splicing, soldering, heat shrink wrapping and routing of the wiring took 4 hours and that's AFTER all the components were mounted.
Its not that difficult to do, and it will cost you WAY less than$241.00.

I'm sorry, i only do custom work for my local customers because theres less aggravation that way.
But as usual I'm always happy to help out a fellow M/B'er.

Please feel free to hit me up in P/Ms, i'd be happy to show you what i built, i hesitate to post my systems because certain people just like to pick things apart, i try to be a bit more positive.
Ride Free
BBB

Last edited:
Back