At Last A Front LED Light that performs for speed riding at night

Why are there always guys who have to tell someone what they purchased was a mistake because they can't afford to purchase it themselves. These lights are extreme high tech , water proof and light weight. But all that is besides the point. If I dude wants the best there is available there is no need to tell him he got Jipped. Personally I think that anyone who rides a bike for primary transportation needs to spend a lot more than the cost of these lights in order to achieve reliability and safety. Nothing wrong with wanting the best. Peter White Cycles has an extraordinary collection of lighting some at more reasonable prices. His site is worth a look ,a lot to learn there. I particularly love the hub dynamo setups with "standlights" that stay lit for 7 minutes even when the bike has stopped, all without batteries involved. I installed that on my Spoiler.

I agree, I was actually at Peter White's shop recently with my son who is planning a cross country touring trip. He does have an incredible selection of bullet proof gear for the hard core touring cyclist, though that quality does come at a price.

I agree, I was actually at Peter White's shop recently with my son who is planning a cross country touring trip. He does have an incredible selection of bullet proof gear for the hard core touring cyclist, though that quality does come at a price.

I agree, a buck spent on safety is a buck wisely spent.
And just for the record, I never said anything bad about that particular brand of lights.
I'm sure they use quality components at that price point, for that price? they had better.
BBB

First he gets all jiggy with all the supposed 'funny comments"

$241.00 dollars? please, what are they made of? gold?
P.T. Barnum said it best. "THEIRS A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE".......
Lights are important but lets not get silly here.
$241.00?
Wanna buy some swamp land in Nebraska?
BBB

Then his sense of humor vanishes and he says....
"....whats with the personal attack? If i wanted to build a light set for this person or any other i would.

And then Mr. Humor and Sensitivity tops it off with .....
I don't know what your problem is, but im reporting your post as hostile.

MY feeling is a cheepskate like him is born every minute in Brooklyn and I know this having been born in the Bronx. That is THE BRONX for those that are not familiar. Now report this bubblybuz .

$240.00+ for a light set?

I'm sorry, I work to hard for my money. I "feel" that's still way to much, I don't care what you guys say.
For $240 bucks i can buy a new gt5r engine plus the trimmings or a new shift kit or....well you get the idea.
I meant no insult to any one, but now im just questioning there judgment and agenda. You don't like what i said? to bad, live with it.

If i said how i really "feel" about id get banned, but i think you catch my drift.

And just for spite, yes Alaska, ill build you a comparable light set for about half that, and ill throw in a custom made water proof light and control handle bar box mount made of copper, stainless steel or aluminum and STILL make a profit.
I really should thank you guys, this has been the spur i needed to expand my inventory.
Now i can add custom made light sets to my line of gas tanks mufflers and boost bottles.
More money in MY pocket. Thank you very much.
Hows that?
BBB:D

Cool BBB,so, since about all I have to judge by is "Lumens". how many does your system put out?

BBB, I too am interested. I'm following Alaskavan's lead with this. "Build it & they will come". Where exactly in Nebraska is this swamp land? Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

BBB, I too am interested. I'm following Alaskavan's lead with this. "Build it & they will come". Where exactly in Nebraska is this swamp land? Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Your the one person that got the joke...
I'll send you the specs in a PM.
Thanks
BBB

i too want good lights and $230 for a good set of proper bicycle lights that work well enough to see ahead of you isn't that expensive .some of the ones i've seen are over $500+ . i bet all the people saying that there to much $ live in the city or where they have street lights and the people that make there own, can you see 40-50 meters in front of you in a wide beam and bright . if they can you have done well .i have been looking for a light that can give me a beam up to 50 meteres ahead to see as i also live in a country area(like irish john) with no street lights at all ..the coment someone made of" these are bicycles buy a motorbike "
i have a motorbike to(cbr600)and the headlight in that is only just ok to see around here at night .going fast in australia bush you want the best lights you can get , kangaroos can jump out of no where right in front of you .
you want to see at least 40- 50 meteres ahead + wide angle as well .
you hit a roo and you'll end up in hospital or dead ,it's like hitting a brick wall .
a truck came into town once after hitting a roo in the pasenger side headlight ,the rest of it was in the passenger seat it went wright through..
so i would gladly pay $230 + for a real set of bike lights that work

life=priceless

i live on unlit country roads. potholes, possums, roos, and drunk drivers. people seem to think that turning on their hibeams will assist you when theyre travelling the opposite way as well. hello trench by the side of the road full of rocks and broken bottles, whilst travelling at 50km/h+ :) having your OWN hibeams and then "mysteriously" finding yourself on the wrong side of the road usually wakes them up a bit :D

i cant get good lights? i dont ride at night.

i currently run a set of plain old kathmandu headlights. 2.5w or 900 lumen or whatever. they retail at $130 each. lucky my mate gets staff discounts... brings it down to the $30 region :D

i dont particularly like head mount lights. the angle of the light being too close to the line of vision means its hard to tell whats what. shadows tend to hide behind whatever casts them. and in the drizzle/fog? give up :( id prefer ones that mount low down, like on the axles or summink...

live in suburbia, you can be stingy. run more chances of getting shot than run over.
live out here in the sticks and its your life on the line every time you venture out between dusk til dawn... and id rather avoid hospital for a while

Last edited:
life=priceless

i live on unlit country roads. potholes, possums, roos, and drunk drivers. people seem to think that turning on their hibeams will assist you when theyre travelling the opposite way as well. hello trench by the side of the road full of rocks and broken bottles, whilst travelling at 50km/h+ :) having your OWN hibeams and then "mysteriously" finding yourself on the wrong side of the road usually wakes them up a bit :D

i cant get good lights? i dont ride at night.

i currently run a set of plain old kathmandu headlights. 2.5w or 900 lumen or whatever. they retail at $130 each. lucky my mate gets staff discounts... brings it down to the $30 region :D

i dont particularly like head mount lights. the angle of the light being too close to the line of vision means its hard to tell whats what. shadows tend to hide behind whatever casts them. and in the drizzle/fog? give up :( id prefer ones that mount low down, like on the axles or summink...

live in suburbia, you can be stingy. run more chances of getting shot than run over.
live out here in the sticks and its your life on the line every time you venture out between dusk til dawn... and id rather avoid hospital for a while

I agree, IF one lives in a well lit urban environment one COULD get by with just basic lighting, any thing around 5 watts for the white head light will do.
BUT if you really want to see and be seen you have to step up to some serious lumens.

I run a 12v,15 watt, rectangular fog light that was meant for a car as my main head light this one is purely for safety's sake, its impossible to miss.
One broad beam 10watt LED, this one lights the road directly in front of the bike for about 15 to 20 feet.
One focused beam 10 watt LED for serious night running at distance (50+ yards).
Twin 10 watt LEDs with red filters in them in the rear.
I've been told many times from drivers in traffic that those lights saved my life.

I built it to be removable and changeable to suit different riding situations, at the moment its powered by a 12v 50cca gel type motorcycle battery that I need to recharge every now and then or after a 6 hour plus night ride.
I'm thinking of building a charging system that will spin a 12v generator off my shift kits jack shaft and recharge it as I ride.
All told I have about $80.00 in the system and Ive never regretted spending it.
Here it is in mock ups...
Building a good lighting system is one of the best improvements we can put on our bikes and one of the most cost effective...
How much is your safety worth?
BBB

Attachments

• 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 241