Average Miles per Gallon (MPG)

I've only gone through about half a gallon so far, but I've gone what seems like 40~50mi so far.

20" wheels, 33cc engine, 44t sprocket
This is the most accurate for the 44 tooth sprocket I get around 50 mpg.

This is the most accurate for the 44 tooth sprocket I get around 50 mpg.
You quoted and then answered someone who posted that 14 years ago, And hasn't even been seen in the forums for 3 years...lol...Alot can change over that many years of time...the thread is still open, but choose someone to reply to within at least the last year or so...lol...please watch the date codes that are on each and every post before replying to them...Thank-you...DAMIEN

AHEM.... I'm still here!! ;-)

I upgraded to a 4-stroke Subaru motor and probably got in excess of 100 mpg, but not sure if I ever measured after a while.

Now I ride a Honda PCX150 scooter that's also supposed to get over 100 mpg, but I've tweaked it to go faster (around 75 mph), so I only get 70 to 75 mpg now.

When my boys are a few years older, I would've introduced them to a Golden Eagle Bike Engine (GEBE) kit.... but from what I understand, they're no longer in business. Is there any other belt-driven kits around??

TTFN... Ta ta for now!!

You may still be here but we haven't seen anything of you here in the forums except your last post on Dec 22, 2017 and an appearence online here three years ago with no posts posted...lol...Hence the reasoning by my statement of not trying to resurrect an ancient posting...lol.

I upgraded to a 4-stroke Subaru motor and probably got in excess of 100 mpg, but not sure if I ever measured after a while.

Now I ride a Honda PCX150 scooter that's also supposed to get over 100 mpg, but I've tweaked it to go faster (around 75 mph), so I only get 70 to 75 mpg now.

When my boys are a few years older, I would've introduced them to a Golden Eagle Bike Engine (GEBE) kit.... but from what I understand, they're no longer in business. Is there any other belt-driven kits around??

TTFN... Ta ta for now!!
This conversion may be helpful for you.

TTFN... Ta ta for now!!
What are you riding?

This conversion may be helpful for you.

That's pretty much the same setup I had on my first and only gas powered bike. Came with that gearbox and double freewheel. The 33cc Chinese 2-stroke engine broke somehow... replaced it with the Subaru motor. The Chinese dual freewheel hub broke.... replaced it with a custom. machined hub to support 2 freewheels (before realizing that 2 single freewheels & spacer can fit on a traditional 7-speed freewheel hub.... altho, not as stable as the one I had built). And then eventually the Chinese frame cracked.... had it welded.... cracked again. Just been sitting until I can someone who can Tig weld better than me. Bought a Sondors e-Bike that was pretty nice, but it just decided not to turn on one day....

I'll be back someday, but the Honda PCX has delayed that timeline.

Another interesting kit that I was seriously considering was actually a friction drive kit. Super light-weight... easy to install (mounting under the bottom bracket).... even easier to remove.... when engaged, the centrifugal force would suck the motor & roller right up next to the tire... when not engaged, the motor would just fall away from the tire & allow you to pedal with ZERO power loss. There were actually two different companies that were creating this same design (can't remember which one was cheaper, but I'm only able to find one of the companies now). Here it is... snaps off in seconds.... http://ezshopex.com/sports-leisure/sports/go-e-onwheel-converts-bike-into-e-bike.html

Also stumbled across a newer design that has its own positives and drawbacks -- the Rubbee. I ride a push bike at my work, and I would love to install one of those and just take the system off when my shift is over. So many different options.... so little time...

What are you riding?
See above.... both my motorized bikes have been defunct. Riding a Honda PCX150 every day to and from work, rain or shine. Only thing I ever seem to need to do to it is replace oil, tires, and belt.... other than that, it fires up 100% of the time and pushes harder than it should. So incredibly fun.

Back