• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

BAMF II engines

M

mini-pub

Anybody here know anything about these Honda engines?

http://www.derringercycles.com/bamf2.htm

Sounds pretty cool. I know ThatsDAX is coming out with a 4-stroke soon. I wonder where Derringer is getting these engines? And if they are as cool as they sound, where could I get one?

A

alesterfeind

I think that is just the Honda GX50 engine. They have the gearbox and engine painted to match their bike color scheme. That is a cool site and nice tank they have on the bikes. Really dresses up a regular cruiser. However, I can't see any products for online sale. The store looks interesting. Wish we had one here.

Z

Zemus DE

It looks like the chinese tranny kit that is made to attach to the honda gxh50... there is a couple places online to get them, ive seen the kits goin from 330-400 bucks. i havnt seen any that include the engine but the gxh50 is fairly easy to get ahold of by itself.

M

mini-pub

I live fairly close to the Derringer cycles shop. The bikes are beautiful and I first saw them a few weeks ago but they want $3000 for their bikes. Which is why I've decided to build my own and hence, I have now become a member of this forum. I like to do a lot of research when I start a project. I ordered a 70cc engine from ThatsDAX and it will be here in a couple of weeks. I just bought a Felt Taxi cruiser yesterday and will start customizing it before the motor comes in. I need to color match the orange/yellow color of the bike so I can paint parts of the engine and sprockets when they come in.
I installed a chrome headlight on the front of the bike but I want to paint the back half of the housing to match the bike's yellow. It should give it a look like a normal headlight with a chrome lens ring. Kinda like the 57 chevy headlights.

A

alesterfeind

Mini-pub - Those felt cruisers are really nice. I want the Red Baron model. That's going to be a real head turner once you get it complete. Can't wait to see the pictures.

M

mini-pub

Hey Johnny,
They had a Red Baron at the shop yesterday. It looks Beautiful. A friend was with me and was tempted into buying it.

iRide Customs

I live fairly close to the Derringer cycles shop. The bikes are beautiful and I first saw them a few weeks ago but they want $3000 for their bikes.
$3000?!?!?! That's crazy...you could buy my Brutus frame and tank for $700.00. The whole bike for $1350.00!

All the did was bolt on a tank to a cruiser bicycle and throw on a Happy time...sheesh!

H

HoughMade

That looks an awful lot like what I am building and I won't have $750 into it when I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gone_fishin

i bet they still sell quite a few to the un-initiated...$2000+ markup, not bad, eh?

maybe you should hand out MBc stickers around the place, then see how many they sell.

H

HoughMade

I do like the look- great minds think alike...and if they can get $3000....my friends, that's a great mind.