Exhaust Banana chamber

The whole helicoil kit is about what the cost of a cylinder body would cost lol.

I'm guessing I could just screw in the coils, since the hole is pretty much smooth as is?

The whole helicoil kit is about what the cost of a cylinder body would cost lol.
You will have eight(?) coils left over for other jobs, plus the kit to install them. You also won't have to break in a new cylinder at low RPM/ high load. :)

I'm guessing I could just screw in the coils, since the hole is pretty much smooth as is?
The kit comes with a specific sized drill bit, specific sized thread tap, and installation tool. You may also choose to glue the coil in as well, for even more security. :)

Ya can't just screw it in. Ya have to follow instructions. Take a look on youtube. If it were mine I would helicoil, but I do a lot of repairs so I,m used to it. If you do get a new cyl. get a helicoil kit and repair the old cyl. Then you have acquired a new skill as well.

Good points on the kit. Probably will hit up a home depot or Lowes tomorrow, if I can, and see if I can find one there. Otherwise, I'll just order one. Just getting antsy, cause I'm tired of riding my 10yo's, pink single speed to work LOL

Good points on the kit. Probably will hit up a home depot or Lowes tomorrow, if I can, and see if I can find one there. Otherwise, I'll just order one. Just getting antsy, cause I'm tired of riding my 10yo's, pink single speed to work LOL
Bro if you are riding your 10 yr ol's pink single speed to work your 10 year old is going to grow up to be one amazing person. If you got that kinda s**t there ain't much you can't do.

Bro if you are riding your 10 yr ol's pink single speed to work your 10 year old is going to grow up to be one amazing person. If you got that kinda sh*t there ain't much you can't do.

Proof enough? From the "slumber party" cover on the front handlebars to the extended seatpost and comfier seat salvaged from a road bike and green paracord on the handlebars to take weight off my back when riding. Go hard or go home :Do_O:Do_O

Attachments

• 20171102_143233.jpg
    20171102_143233.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 365
Pretty cool that you do this to keep the family afloat. My hats off to you.

Thanks, I'm sure anybody with a reason would do what they had to. I even thought about putting a little motor on it for her :D

So, earlier yesterday I got to doing the exhaust thread repairs. Turned out well for my first time and all I kept thinking was, "why didn't I know about helicoils before?"

Drilled the holes out, used a pipe cleaner to pull the pieces of metal out, tapped and again with a fresh pipe cleaner pulled the bits and pieces out, locktite on each coil, installed new studs from leftover bolts from a pineapple bushing kit, dremeled the heads off, bolted the oem muffler on. Tapped the b5hs to .030 as recommended in an earlier reply.

Rode down the alley, let out the clutch, only got a pop here and there. Gapped the plug back down to .021 and had it started briefly.

Tomorrow when I wake up I'm probably going back at it again.

Now something I just thought of, the oz magneto came with a retainer plate and the studs that hold the magneto plates together are sticking out about a good 1/8 of an inch and the stock magneto studs were flush with the plates. I'm wondering if I should grind the oz studs flush with the plates or not?

I'll get some pics when I go back to working on it tomorrow. Here's pics of the motor before swapping mufflers

Attachments

• 20171104_051522.jpg
    20171104_051522.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 345
  • 20171104_051439.jpg
    20171104_051439.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 322
Back