Exhaust Banana chamber

Hey, I had added a basic banana chamber to my 66/80 China chunk. Can't seem to get the motor running correctly with it. Had it running 'ok' for a little while, now it just seems like it will fire up after it sits for a while. Running stock cdi with ngk b5hs and ngk wire/boot, added oz 12v magneto, nt speed carb is on it. Plug is gapped at .020, middle slot on needle (5 slot needle), cut open the punisher symbol looking black air filter cover for more air flow, current fuel is 28:1 and will go to 32:1 at next fillup.

Tried different needle settings, didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Gonna try putting the stock muffler back on today to see if it will run correctly. Banana pipe pictured is the exact chamber in question.
Manual calls for .06 - .07 on gap... as for your plug a 5 series seems a bit hot for a plug on China's and many of bikes 6 and 7hs is about normal bigger number is a colder plug smaller is hotter.

Hey, I had added a basic banana chamber to my 66/80 China chunk. Can't seem to get the motor running correctly with it. Had it running 'ok' for a little while, now it just seems like it will fire up after it sits for a while. Running stock cdi with ngk b5hs and ngk wire/boot, added oz 12v magneto, nt speed carb is on it. Plug is gapped at .020, middle slot on needle (5 slot needle), cut open the punisher symbol looking black air filter cover for more air flow, current fuel is 28:1 and will go to 32:1 at next fillup.

Gonna try putting the stock muffler back on today to see if it will run correctly. Banana pipe pictured is the exact chamber in question.

In addition needle clip should never be all the way at the bottom....

If I'm correct clip up on the needle is leaner, clip down on the needle is richer. Sounds to me your dumping fuel with an improper gap, plus very rich settings? Thus lack of speed as its drowning out... if you have a lot of splooge (wet oil from the pipe) yep something's not right.

Chambers only met to use what is left over not store gas and oil......

If too rich it will slug, to lean will run flat...

If it isn't berry and from eBay that's a knockoff pipe that Robb's power...

Coil SMH? Reminds me of my old 72 dodge Winnebago....

That fat dirty girl use to drive me nuts I set the old coil on fire and brought a new one att.
I had a 71 dodge powered rv in the 90's I bought it, rebuilt it ground up,drove all over north america doing a race circut and got looks every where we went.My buddy would laugh at me when I would try to pass people on the hiway,he said it was like trying to push two sheets of ply wood going 60 plus and the fuel economy fell almost 4 mpg anything over 60 lol

6082237969_e05dd2a329_b.jpg

This pic shows the crazy frontal area (not mine) basicly the same rig.

Manual calls for .06 - .07 on gap... as for your plug a 5 series seems a bit hot for a plug on China's and many of bikes 6 and 7hs is about normal bigger number is a colder plug smaller is hotter.
You clearly don't have a clue what your talking about. .06" to .07" is stupid big, and .06mm to .07mm is .0025 to .0030 is about the thickness of a sheet of paper or stupid small. So which stupid answer is it?

You clearly don't have a clue what your talking about. .06" to .07" is stupid big, and .06mm to .07mm is .0025 to .0030 is about the thickness of a sheet of paper or stupid small. So which stupid answer is it?

Sounds like your answer is as stupid then what "my brand new A50 manual claims."

1510331300441282426281.jpg
1510331342545-1509349159.jpg

Common sense would tell you is some gappers have double sides.

Could be .6 to .7mm but on the flip side of the gap could be about .020

On the opposite side.

You lucky my gappers in a tin can in my rv cause I'd shove that in your FACE TOO!

Last edited:
Sounds like your answer is as stupid then what "my brand new A50 manual claims."

View attachment 79847 View attachment 79848

Common sense would tell you is some gappers have double sides.

Could be .6 to .7mm but on the flip side of the gap could be about .020

On the opposite side.

You lucky my gappers in a tin can in my rv cause I'd shove that in your FACE TOO!
I would assume that was writen by the same chiness who claim the engines displacement of 80cc lol.

Back