Best bang for my buck? --long read--

Oh man. Thats a killer ride. Ill be ordering that pipe asap. Got it in my bookmarks. Think ill be able to get away with using mig? BTW Dont mind my back and forth with that other guy. Its like a phone scammer. If you waste their time, they cant ruin anyone elses day until they realise youre messing with them. Haha.
Here's the one I bought.
Ebay link
$70 free shipping and returns. Came exactly as described.
20201223_195452.jpg

The pipe is made of 18 gauge stainless steel.
You can orient it as chainlube has it or like this whatever works.
20210410_114021.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210404-190143_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210404-190143_Gallery.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 171
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Here's the one I bought.
Ebay link
$70 free shipping and returns. Came exactly as described.
View attachment 104559
The pipe is made of 18 gauge stainless steel.
You can orient it as chainlube has it or like this whatever works.
View attachment 104561
That's the aftermarket pipe that fits about 90% of the Minerelli 2 cycle 50cc clones made in Taiwan/China, less than half the price of the LeoVince pipes. They're good for the little reed valve scooter bore out cylinders up to about 70 cc but really peaky you lose a fair amount of low end and have to play with flyweights and clutch springs to be able to launch without bogging. Nothing like a Genuine Buddy 50 that'll just touch 50 mph. kind of scary on such a small scooter.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I just tried out James98189741's bike this afternoon. He's got a jog pipe on a 70cc minarelli hybrid. It hits the powerband pretty much right off the bat. And I never got to the end of the powerband yet, it flys. More speed than he or I will need. I can't wait to put mine on my bike.

I'd say his can go at least 55 considering my 66cc no reed no tuned pipe engine reaches 37.

Last edited:
I WISH I could find a good mechanic to help me figure out why my 4 stroke won't start. Frustrated me for two years now. Hate to just buy a whole new motor without knowing what went wrong, or it will just go wrong again.

Meanwhile I had real good luck with the two stroke that one replaced. SO built a second bike and went with two stroke.
Best site I found yet for stuff is https://www.bicycle-engines.com I bought my bike frame with the built in gas tank from them here, https://www.bicycle-engines.com/zed...zed-bicycle-built-in-gas-tank-gas-frame-bike/ Didn't like the mountain bike style handle bars though, swapped those out with a taller version I found on ebay. Also put on a wider seat. (Big girl that I am. Need lots of cushy for the tushy.)

And went with their zeda 100 motor kit here. https://www.bicycle-engines.com/new...ycle-engine-kit-80cc-100cc-firestorm-edition/ Now it's not tweaked out at all. Best advice from THEM was add things as you decide necessary. Since I'm not at all interested in high speed, this works fine for me as is. AND... you can actually see a ride I posted on youtube. Here, enjoy.

I bought two 4 stroke kits. One of them had an issue where any time i try to hook up the kill switch, it wont run. I think the kill switch included with the kit was faulty and closing the circuit without the button pressed. Have you tried unhooking yours? You should be able to have nothing connected to the black wire going into the top of the engine (Not the spark plug wire) and still have it run. Also do you know if youre getting spark? If you're getting spark and it's not the kill switch, check if the chain from your clutch to the jack shaft on the "transmission" is too tight. If that's the case, it could be pulling on the clutch and stopping it from spinning freely. You should be able to wiggle that small chain atleast a bit. If these arent the issue, let me know. We can figure it out together.

Best bang for buck could be finding an older, good condition MTB bike with cantlevers or V-brakes as the frames are "V" shaped and fit the engine's mount saddles tightly. Cruisers are a compromise for something that has be braced securly and to put power through a wheel while propelling you up a hill. If you are just going to use the coasterbrake as the only brake on the Kent Cruiser, you're risking your safety and life.
The kent bayside i bought is a 7 speed with front and rear V-brakes. No coaster. My blue bike with the 4 stroke has a coaster brake though and you're right. That is lacking. I'll be changing that soon. Gonna get a front disk brake and set up a rear caliper brake on that one. As for the mount, ill likely end up modifying it. I'm well aware of the risks a loose mount can cause.

That was the point I made that the stock Zeda 80 will not produce 40 mph,
only if it is upgraded by carburetion, a tuned pipe, and a 36 or less
rear tooth sprocket. And with the tuned pipe comes noise.
Hey, dude. All your suggestions have come after the fact. He already bought a bike and motor, and all you can do is nitpick him about what you think he should have bought. He's capable of building the bike, and apparently he doesn't need your input.

Hey, dude. All your suggestions have come after the fact. He already bought a bike and motor, and all you can do is nitpick him about what you think he should have bought. He's capable of building the bike, and apparently he doesn't need your input.
PREACH good sir! Lol. I'll let it slide as a misunderstanding. Maybe dude missed a post or twelve.

I'm so happy to be the "DUDE." If you read the first post by "E," carefully, he is hoping to
get a 2 stroke, something out of the box that can take him to 40mph, possibly
using a 44 tooth rear sprocket on a Zeda 80 and some modding. My point is it's not
going to be possible without some real modification and a 36 tooth or less rear
sprocket. Can't happen. You sought advice and the dude is responded. The Dude
has been on this site and building and designing motorized bikes since 2008, so the
Dude has accumulated some degree of expertise on the subject. Sorry
you take objection about the Bayside bike, but it still is a poor choice regardless
of whether you bought it or not, due to its short 55 inch wheelbase. It's also a cheap
Walmart bike and could be considered unsafe at 40 mph, your goal. At that speed, you
might want to consider a bike with shock absorption, and maybe a front disk brake. I can't
imagine how good the brakes have to be to stop a 300 lb rider going 40mph, and
just when a car pulls out in front of you. Think about it. Safety is important. It's your
life. So it is written, so it shall be done.
THE DUDE

Back