Best model for deliveries?

There is definitely something going on there, why is the spacing around the clutch just about nil on the bottom? The clutch looks fine, you can expect a little brake dust as the pads wear down. Can you move the clutch up and down on the shaft?
That's just the angle, it's even. Can't really move it, but opening up the springs with a screwdriver causes it to grab the bell.

Need to clean out that shaft bolt hole and put some grease [light film]on the bolt before reinstalling.

So the latest weirdness is: using a screwdriver to lengthen the springs does cause the pads to grab the bell again...but the next day it's back to not grabbing and the springs have mostly returned to their previous length. Opening the spring up again causes it to grab again, but i'm guessing tomorrow it'll have returned to its original shape again.

Time to stop being stubborn and buy a new clutch as was suggested earlier?

How many miles on this clutch? Like none? If your gearing is off, which by the looks of your current clutch it is, a new clutch isn't going to last any longer.

Member that one time?..boogers didn't adhere to the pads so slowly we turned, step by step,
until that gearing :seenoevil:

So the latest weirdness is: using a screwdriver to lengthen the springs does cause the pads to grab the bell again...but the next day it's back to not grabbing and the springs have mostly returned to their previous length. Opening the spring up again causes it to grab again, but i'm guessing tomorrow it'll have returned to its original shape again.

Time to stop being stubborn and buy a new clutch as was suggested earlier?
Your springs might be too strong. Try lighter strength springs

There is some contamination or something going on at the pivots. Something baked in. That's why he can move it and it works for a day then after cooling overnight it's recrusted back to stuck disengaged. It maybe can be saved but for how much a new clutch costs I'd just throw a new one on there. Oh, and I'd re gear so this doesn't happen over and over.

Ok thoroughly cleaned out all parts of the clutch, the spring adjustment seems to have taken and now I get torque (tho less than i'd like; will try making the chain tenser and opening the springs even more).

Bike runs but with a worrying amount of white smoke and a slight smell. This might be due to me having just spilled new oil on it tho.

Ok thoroughly cleaned out all parts of the clutch, the spring adjustment seems to have taken and now I get torque (tho less than i'd like; will try making the chain tenser and opening the springs even more).

Bike runs but with a worrying amount of white smoke and a slight smell. This might be due to me having just spilled new oil on it tho.
Or clutch slipping

Update: Looks like the clutch fix took!

Now my problem is with the coaster brake, when I pedal back it pushes back against me and pulls the chain off! Unfortunately the seller somehow got an axle on the rear that's too big to be slid out of the frame so I can't take it off to check it. Add disk brake to front?

Back