Better clutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spare_Parts

Local time
11:01 AM
Been dealing with a massive amount of slippage when the bike gets on the pipe. Zeda has a machined disk now and the 360lbs springs. Been looking at valve springs for a heavier rate but closer to 300lbs. Could make my own disk with a hole saw that I would have to buy. Wonder if it's worth it to do it myself or just give Rob some more money. That's if he will even sell to me lol.

Then we have pads. The orange rubber vs Zeda vs Arrow. Have the Arrow pads now and while they last with slipping the clutch they don't grip as well. Zeda looks the same. Had them in the engine before the rebuild and the seemed ok. Now it's making about twice the power so idk. Had the orange in my first engine and the grip was great but that was a 2hp monster.

So you guys making power, what is your setup? Pads, spring? I know @Street Ryderz and @FNTPuck are doing something.

Wish I could help but I'm still using the bone stock clutch with original pads. Im pretty sure the Jack shaft has alot to do with it tho. I was thinking valve springs would work great and with all the other great stuff you make for your bike a clutch plate would be fairly simple to do.

I had issues with clutch slipping too, but fixed it. I got a pretty rough sandpaper, and sanded the clutch plate where the pads touch, from the outside to the inside. Helped a lot!

Been dealing with a massive amount of slippage when the bike gets on the pipe. Zeda has a machined disk now and the 360lbs springs. Been looking at valve springs for a heavier rate but closer to 300lbs. Could make my own disk with a hole saw that I would have to buy. Wonder if it's worth it to do it myself or just give Rob some more money. That's if he will even sell to me lol.

Then we have pads. The orange rubber vs Zeda vs Arrow. Have the Arrow pads now and while they last with slipping the clutch they don't grip as well. Zeda looks the same. Had them in the engine before the rebuild and the seemed ok. Now it's making about twice the power so idk. Had the orange in my first engine and the grip was great but that was a 2hp monster.

So you guys making power, what is your setup? Pads, spring? I know @Street Ryderz and @FNTPuck are doing something.
I think Chris nailed it with the J shaft their is way less resistance to initiate rotation to the wheel. You guys with torque beasts and small sprocket single speeds pay the piper with clutches. Mine is stock and has been lasting well. I keep waiting for it to start slipping as I take off from stop just about all the time just feathering in with RPM. It's kinda cool that you can go back in the pics, in albums to see how long ago you started a build. 2 years on the same clutch. I'm sure Ryderz or FNT will have some input so you don't have to go through Rob. Crow tastes terrible.
View media item 60822

Well the hole saw is only $13 just have to see what I have as far as steel plate goes.

Well the hole saw is only $13 just have to see what I have as far as steel plate goes.
Are you thinking of doing it the way that the guy on the mafia site does it? I think his name is Kurt. Seems like a dremel and cut off wheel or a jig saw with a metal blade would work. You could probably even eat through the webs with a carbide.burr and not have to disassemble it.. Just corious where your thoughts were.

Are you thinking of doing it the way that the guy on the mafia site does it? I think his name is Kurt. Seems like a dremel and cut off wheel or a jig saw with a metal blade would work. You could probably even eat through the webs with a carbide.burr and not have to disassemble it.. Just corious where your thoughts were.

Not going to mess with that side. Did the bearings and thats it. Dave Amos has a video about the big pad setup. I'll look for it latter. I'm talking about the outer disc.

Dave Amos is the man!

So the orange pads are not working out for me. They get hot and slip. Was comparing pressure plates and the one with the flattest and widest contact area came from an old seeutek engine. The factory zeda plate was flat but not very wide. No name from Amazon is rounded in the contact area lol. I have some 1/8" plate so I'm going to order the hole saw and make a ring to weld onto one ofthe pressure plates.

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.darragh.5 is the maker of the clutch plate.
Buy it here:
https://r-darra-mfg.myshopify.com/c..._iSGJEW0-6xtkQ5481T7ycrMt_eFsvmzY2hwWUQX5z8Lg

Status
Not open for further replies.