Black goo

Here is a screen shot of fuel/oil mix ratio chart below...for the first 2 tank fulls, use a 25:1 mix ratio...Once it's broken in, go to a 32:1 mix ratio.

25:1 ratio is 5.12 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of gas.

32:1 ratio is 4.0 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of gas.

(I use a kitchen use measuring cup to measure my ounces of oil)

Never mix your gas and oil in the gas tank as you will never get a consistant mix...I always use a 1 gallon gas jug filled with one gallon of gas and then I add the right amount of ounces of the 2 cycle oil to the gas and shake the mix vigorously in the gas jug before pouring it into the tank to ensure a consistant mix.

The best oil, (in my opinion for breakin purposes is Valvoline multi-purpose 2 cycle oil), for the first 2 tankfuls.

After breakin, I like to use full synthetic 2 cycle oil thereafter.

I use a high grade Amsoil Dominator 2 cycle full synthetic oil myself after breakin but many people use the Wal-mart brand 2 cycle synthetic which is probably OK as well...The choice is yours...lol.

View attachment 185374

You can take off the bottom cap like ImpulseRocket recommended to clean out the excess oil out of the exhaust.
Once your on the 32:1 mix after breakin, that oil residue out the exhaust should dissapate accordingly over time.
Awesome thanks! I am using whatever brand harbor freight carries, I will switch to a higher end oil next tank. And should I switch to running ethanol free fuel?

Damien mentioned not mixing oil and gas together in the tank. I tried that once, I thought I'd put the oil in first and the gas going in would mix it up. What I actually did was fill my fuel line with mix oil. I had to pedal home and clean it all out. I ended up changing my filter and plug.

Back