Transparent automotive wrap

Also, I don’t need to be able to simply look at the tank and see through it at any given moment. I need to be able to see into it when I want to check the fuel level, before or after every ride.

Also, I don’t need to be able to simply look at the tank and see through it at any given moment. I need to be able to see into it when I want to check the fuel level, before or after every ride.
Well then, just take the cap off like everyone else. LOL You've already got your mind made up and I'm out of ideas. Best wishes Bruce.

Some of y’all like to just complicate everything to the point where it seems impossible. This isn’t rocket science. Y’all just be coming in a thread insisting that things you’ve never tried or seen done won’t work, and using all these imaginary scenarios to prop up these silly theories. I’m gonna go with the transparent paint. The tank I had before was painted orange and I could see inside by putting a cheap bicycle tail light under it.

If all else fails, you can pop the cap and shine a flashlight inside. Then you will have a light inside and the paint will work as intended. You could also put a light under thw gas tank like previously mentioned.

The strip thing will work if you run stripes down both sides of the tank. I'd start at the top front and run the strips diagonally to the back bottom side of the tank. Then maybe you could incorporate an orange/black paint scheme into the rest of your bike. Be sure to use a gas resistant paint.

By the way I use a 5 quart see through tank.

Keep a 5 gal jug of gas at your house and fill up before every ride
On the occasional long ride where you'll use more than a tank of gas, (hopefully you got a 1 gal tank or better)
If ya don't have an Odometer to know your mileage
You'll be checking how much gas ya got and won't be passing up any gas stations

Back