Bogging,Sputtering

I would check for the air leaks, that could very well be the case. Blue felt gaskets seem to be the best material, you could also make your own.

The Zenoah engines use spacers made of poly plastic as well, it may be worth looking into but they make an aluminum manifold and I would imagine being a walboro style carb it might have a similar manifold, centurion.

I have never had any issue or concern with mine so far.

I would check for the air leaks, that could very well be the case. Blue felt gaskets seem to be the best material, you could also make your own.

The Zenoah engines use spacers made of poly plastic as well, it may be worth looking into but they make an aluminum manifold and I would imagine being a walboro style carb it might have a similar manifold, centurion.

I have never had any issue or concern with mine so far.
Here's a shot of the tamper proof carb and the device on the vent line. 6 miles is all I got on this set-up, turned out to be a very unreliable, troublesome friction drive unit. No warranties because the engine maker does not cover motorized bike applications. Clutch went south to boot. Thanks for all the tips.

Attachments

• CARB1.jpg
    CARB1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 146
  • CARB2.jpg
    CARB2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 154
Here's a shot of the tamper proof carb and the device on the vent line. 6 miles is all I got on this set-up, turned out to be a very unreliable, troublesome friction drive unit. No warranties because the engine maker does not cover motorized bike applications. Clutch went south to boot. Thanks for all the tips.
Them are referred to as a single D adjustment screw, if they had another flat opposite spot on the other side of the screw, them are referred to as double D adjustment screws. Look up single D carburetor adjustment tool. If you got some small round tubing, like brake line that will just fit over the adjustment screw, you can put a flat spot in the tubing & use it for a adjustment tool.

Them are referred to as a single D adjustment screw, if they had another flat opposite spot on the other side of the screw, them are referred to as double D adjustment screws. Look up single D carburetor adjustment tool. If you got some small round tubing, like brake line that will just fit over the adjustment screw, you can put a flat spot in the tubing & use it for a adjustment tool.
Thanks, I think there is more wrong with this engine than just a H and L needle adjustment would help. You can see how under-built the clutch is also on this engine, with 6 light miles, the material is worn way down. and the spring broke as well. This was not a good combination, I suspect that's why not many of them are out there. Perhaps I could find a more reliable engine to fit this drive.

Attachments

• CARB3.jpg
    CARB3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 150
Thanks, I think there is more wrong with this engine than just a H and L needle adjustment would help. You can see how under-built the clutch is also on this engine, with 6 light miles, the material is worn way down. and the spring broke as well. This was not a good combination, I suspect that's why not many of them are out there. Perhaps I could find a more reliable engine to fit this drive.
Check out the friction drive section, & check out 2speedboi friction drive setups. He can probably source you a quality engine as well. Hes got nice stuff.

Check out the friction drive section, & check out 2speedboi friction drive setups. He can probably source you a quality engine as well. Hes got nice stuff.
Thanks, I'll check it out. This system was worse than my China stuff, I got a lot of miles out of those rigs with only minor cheap part replacements.

I appreciate it diesel.

I am by no means making any money off my kits, but I was more interested in providing cheaper transportation that is functional and reliable.

I just pulled my FD unit off today after riding a couple miles home in a blizzard a few nights ago. Still started up no problem!
20211217_093913.jpg

After a full summer of riding it's time to pull the motor and do a cleaning and inspection. I am really hard on my unit, putting it to the test with a lot of rough riding and foul conditions.

I'll photo bomb another thread, but I recommend a zenoah engine! Seems to be bullet proof even after all that slush, rain and then 4 degree temps.

No problem! The ⅕scale r/c guys used to swear by the zenoah engines. I know there a good engine, just like a honda! You get what you pay for.

Is there a Zenoah in the 2 HP range that would work with the Stanton drive? the spacing is 2.70 in. and I have a 1 3/4" roller on it.

Trouble is finding 54mm clutch bell from Stanton. Check his website.

There is a 72mm clutch zenoah, I can't remember the model. I'm at work in between real quick

Back