Broken circlip equals Walk Of Shame!

Looks like you forgot to put the oil in the gas overheated and seized.
Maybe...I rode it very hard that day, first half of ride was fields, second on streets. Maybe got an intake leak? Damn mickey mouse extension.

That's getting fixed too, anyway, got a new intake its also on that do-right-2nd-time list.

Definitely got toasty, I have another theory, comes from working with wire-forming machines. There can be a bias in molecular structure based on extrusion process, made worse by forming process. That might make a bent section relax under heat, and twist in an unpredictable fashion. Now I think about how a G-clip or double-g clip will deform vs a C-clip.
That extra bend relaxing can roll the bend out of the groove. A c-clip will get locked in the groove.

Different thought process for stamped internal snap rings.

If all this happened due to overheat?
C-clip would have held longer.

As I was going the wrong way then?
Just as well it blew then. It may have seized after a break two more miles down the road if'n I had made it to the golf course.

My experience with C clips [inside] is that if they lay flat on a flat surface then bends aren't an issue. It's the seating in the groove that's the problem. The groove could be really tight and seating the clip can be problematic. Usually fixed by twisting a flat screw driver against the edges to seat it properly all the way around.

I got these and I'm going to do the relief to get them out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220316-122110.png
    Screenshot_20220316-122110.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 115
I ordered c-clips and g-clips from two different sources. Today one order of c ang g arrived.

The C-clips I got were 0.8mm wire thickness. I tried one, Fits the groove sloppy. It’ll stop the pin but it’s too loose.
The G-clips were 1mm. I trimmed the ear off, rounded that end and wah-lah it’s a c-clip.
Notched the pin bore, popped one in, flexed the pin against it. All good. Seats good. No doubt it’s fit for that wire thickness.
Gonna run it.

Hope my other packs of c-clips coming from Europe are 1mm.

Finished it up. Reassembling now with modified shift kit bracket, cleaned up lower mount, several other upgrades to shift kit jackshaft, PGN bearings, collars for both sides inner and outer.

This time I’ll get with the program and break it in properly, although it was running pretty good.
Before she blew.

Something like this possibly... I too have circlip coming soon and hope they fit .08mm was loose in the piston slot... I won't mind if I can turn it around in there... As long as it doesn't move with the pin pushing it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220329-220717.png
    Screenshot_20220329-220717.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 129
Most of the c clips are 10m x.8 the G mostly are 1.0 these are 10 x 1.0 C clips... Anyone confused?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220330-150450.png
    Screenshot_20220330-150450.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 106
Back