Broken spokes. Need help with a good Wheel/Rims

Hi good day. I broken 11 spokes the other day and cost me $35 with labor to get the wheel repair. I don't mind spending a reasonable amount of money to get a heavy duty wheel with heavy duty spokes. I have a 26" mountain bike. Looking for something without fancy mods e.g. I am not able to cut the rear sprocket down. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount but don't want to go put ridiculous amount of time to do modifications. I live in canada so shipping to this lovely contry is pretty expensive.

Any recommendations for good wheels? I don't know where to get heavy duty stuff.

If you can still find them, the BFR Mammoth 36H rim is a great one to put the thick spokes into. Jim (the wheelmaster) did mine a couple of years ago, and I haven't had to do ANYTHING to it. It hasn't loosened one tiny bit.

Ref this post

Attachments

• BFR.jpg
    BFR.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 211
Aaaaaah, I love it when a plan comes together ! that wheel, (four cross lace pattern, ten gauge spokes), looks as good as it works, and I love working with that hub and rim, their both tops !

Go To Pirate Cycles- Talk To Justin- He Is # 1- Worksman Wheels- Double Wall -- 11 Gage- Top Of The Line. I Got A Set, Very Pleased. You Get What You Pay For.you Buy Cheap You Get Cheap.

I went to a ceramic-aluminum rim for better braking and long life my spokes dont die now because i stopped flying over the cattleguards in our area (they are iron pipes about 6" apart welded in a line to keep cows in a road area)

received wheel from wheel master

After weeks of being patient and I finally received my rear wheel from the wheel master. I was shocked to see the monstrous size of the spokes. The spokes themselves, lacing and the overall quality of the work is unparallel to anything I have seen before. I would recommend the wheel master to anyone that is looking for a maintenance free and solid wheel. I don't think anything would come close to this. yes the wheel master is a bit expensive, but as the old cliche goes - you get what you pay for.

Again, I am very happy with Jim's work and Chalo, I am not sure why you have issues with him.

After weeks of being patient and I finally received my rear wheel from the wheel master. I was shocked to see the monstrous size of the spokes. The spokes themselves, lacing and the overall quality of the work is unparallel to anything I have seen before. I would recommend the wheel master to anyone that is looking for a maintenance free and solid wheel. I don't think anything would come close to this. yes the wheel master is a bit expensive, but as the old cliche goes - you get what you pay for.

Again, I am very happy with Jim's work and Chalo, I am not sure why you have issues with him.

Hi,

Cool, you finally got your wheel!

Can you kindly post some pics of your wheelset and describe it please? What does it cost if I may ask?

Thank you. :)

I bought these steel 14g Wheelmasters off amazon, but I haven't tested them out with a motor yet: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013VK1OA/ref=oss_product

There's no connection with "The Wheel Master" on this forum is there?

No there is NO connection with the REAL wheelmaster they just use his name.
I almost bought two of them myself .
Almost every motorized bicycle seller has decent strong wheels. Just cruise the advertisers sites.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah, it's somewhat irritating that they stole the name of my business, but life comes with these kinds of annoyances, Oh well right ? One way to know the difference besides my larger diameter spokes, is that our name has THE before wheelmaster, as in "The Wheelmaster", and our Wheels come with a Lifetime Gaurantee, I hope you guy's will continue to seek me out, I still have many thousands of spoke blanks set aside for use on my Superwheels, feel free to hit me up anytime.. Have an amzing Holiday season everybody ! Jim...........

Back