Can someone tell me the name of this part?

Peter Steele

Local time
5:01 AM
so after a good few months of working on my bike on and off I finally have it running however this piece is bent up and not very good, and also doesn't have a screw. Therefore it keeps making my drivechain fly off because of sliding on frame. Anybody know? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0623.PNG
    IMG_0623.PNG
    260.5 KB · Views: 221
What the heck is that? My kit did not come with one of those! :eek: What have you been using it for? The chain? Huh? How?! It sort of looks like a cable tidying clip thingy???

It holds the chain tensioner spring to the frame and holds tension me and my friends just call it a bracket. It's probably a cheap piece on eBay just can't figure out the real name

Ohhh you mean the reverse frontside boardslide nollie flip retention preventer.
Obviously. -_-

Yeah that whole thing looks like it must really suck as a chain tensioning method.
I remember someone saying that the grip tape they put on steps and boat decks and stuff can work. Sounds plausible.

as far as im aware its got a few names tube clamp pole clamp tube bracket the design extends to many aplications for example a exhaust clamp flag pole bracket
and may have other names due to region ie
me n my mates say tomatoe u n yours say tomato my friends say mounting bracket others may say no its a boogle popper furzel whizle

i would call it a detachable mounting bracket for retaining the chain tensioner spring

Back