Carburetor no clamp/just taped.

noyo

Local time
5:14 AM
Do you think that a stock carburetor from a 48cc bbr tuning should be good if it's just electrical taped about 3 times inside and outside? Stock clamp is trash, there's no squeeze to it at all.

And is it angled okay?

Attachments

• 1687391870764694706281125441271.jpg
    1687391870764694706281125441271.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 52
People have used regular hose clamps for the intake. I wouldn't put tape on the inside, it could get sucked in the engine and gum up alot of stuff. Some have had that happen even with the stock o ring seal for the carby

Do you think that a stock carburetor from a 48cc bbr tuning should be good if it's just electrical taped about 3 times inside and outside? Stock clamp is trash, there's no squeeze to it at all.

And is it angled okay?
For a whole $11.99 at Amazon.com, you can buy a brand new JRL BoFeng carburetor that has a more heavily built clamping mechanism on it than most of the other NT stock carbs that most of these motor kits come with...Dont mess around with tapes or glues, you will just mess things up with that garbage...lol.

It's the same carb that comes stock with the Phantom 85s...It is what I use.

Here's the link to order it.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
For a whole $11.99 at Amazon.com, you can buy a brand new JRL BoFeng carburetor that has a more heavily built clamping mechanism on it than most of the other NT stock carbs that most of these motor kits come with...Dont mess around with tapes or glues, you will just mess things up with that garbage...lol.

It's the same carb that comes stock with the Phantom 85s...It is what I use.

Here's the link to order it.
That's exactly the same one. Clamp is trash. Doesn't tighten at all.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

And is it angled okay?
What about the tilt? Good enough to idle/ stay on? Too little gas?

Clamp is trash. Doesn't tighten at all.
I've had two of these now on different bikes and two more on some cops bikes I helped them build, never seen one strip out and not tighten yet as long as one is using the correct tools or not overpowering it which will pretty much break anything, unless of course it was just defective right from the beginning...Thats pretty much how that happens.

Back