Chain rubbing tire....?

Luke Beck

Local time
5:31 PM
Hey just built my first motorized bike (2 Stroke). The chain is rubbing against the tire ever so slightly. I have the sprocket on the right so we can rule that out. What are some solutions? Also how could this damage the wheel or bike in the short and long term? Thanks for any help!

Hey just built my first motorized bike (2 Stroke). The chain is rubbing against the tire ever so slightly. I have the sprocket on the right so we can rule that out. What are some solutions? Also how could this damage the wheel or bike in the short and long term? Thanks for any help!
Welcome Luke,
Pics would help to find a solution and help you get things aligned better. Chain rubbing on tire can rob your engine of power. It can cause your chain to come off the sprocket and besides getting your tire dirty, it also can wear out the side wall of your tire.
Lets get that fixed right away.

Welcome Luke,
Pics would help to find a solution and help you get things aligned better. Chain rubbing on tire can rob your engine of power. It can cause your chain to come off the sprocket and besides getting your tire dirty, it also can wear out the sidewall of your tire.
Lets get that fixed right away.
Yes, but if it moves a little bit the other way it will hit the bike frame.... We are doomed.

On my Margaritaville 26in bike the chain is 4.1mm away from the tire... its has to be perfectly straight... and 3.5mm away from the frame and it never hits the frame.
Keep adjusting yours and you'll get it on the 100th try. (y)

On my Margaritaville 26in bike the chain is 4.1mm away from the tire... its has to be perfectly straight... and 3.5mm away from the frame and it never hits the frame.
Keep adjusting yours and you'll get it on the 100th try. (y)
What am I suppose to adjust?

Back