Charged with driving while license suspended and operating an unregistered vehicle

it doesn't hurt to contact your gov.reps.

true - does not hurt

but - if you wish to get anything REAL happening

there are some steps that help

such as for #1
you can ask for an appointment with rep
and inform them that the local news will be with you at said interview

I have been to this place so many times -- I have lost count
this if pulled off right
can give you and the point to be made -- much leverage

BUT warning -- better have act together

if we think that these reps are just sitting around
anxious to jump on our cause
we are clueless
but I will tell you a little secret
they love to get on tv and show their face !!!!

give them a chance
a little romance
in the end everyone can dance ---------- around their MBs

RIDE THAT THING MOUNTAINMAN

Last edited:
Good points frameteam, alot of people are unable to obtain a D.L.,not just due to past indiscretions with the law.

I can operate a 30' speed boat w/ 500hp out on the lake,no D.L. required.
But I can't put a 1.6 hp on my bike to get to work or school, it's nuts.

All simonator can do is go in and claim ignorance of the law and hope the judge can appreciate the fact that he is no longer driving a car.

If the D.A. has any balls he'll dismiss the case,our court dollars should not be used for such nonsense.

And for Michigan not to differentiate between m.b.'s and mopeds suggests they don't know whats going on here,I think it's worth a shot with a state rep., it was done here in AZ. Thats what they call a precedent.

Spooky tooth may be able to help get the ball rolling,there is some info on the site itself. I say go for it.

I went to court yesterday and pled not guilty to the 2 charges. I requested a court appointed lawyer. When I talked to the attorney I told him the whole story about how I been staying out of trouble the past few years. No driving at all. I explained how I installed the motor to make it a "pedal assist" bicycle. I told him I want to try to get the driving while license suspended charged dropped. He talked to the prosecuter and got back with me. He agreed to drop it if I plead to operating an unregistered vehicle. I am going to plead to that. It is still a misdemeanor, but at least im not getting convicted of driving while license suspended when I wasn't really "driving". I really don't want another misdemeanor on my record. There isn't much I can do. In michigan a 2 wheeled vehicle with a motor is a moped and must be registered. PERIOD.

You might not have any choice.

But is it possible that they'll hold up the return of your driver's license longer because of "operating (a crucial term) an unregistered vehicle"?

they might be able to stick it to ya later on over that.

not the best but could have been much worse !!!

He agreed to drop it if I plead to operating an unregistered vehicle. I am going to plead to that. It is still a misdemeanor, but at least im not getting convicted of driving while license suspended when I wasn't really "driving". I really don't want another misdemeanor on my record. There isn't much I can do. In michigan a 2 wheeled vehicle with a motor is a moped and must be registered. PERIOD.

well they didn't hang you with the BIG ONE
from where I am sitting -- pretty much the same place as you
I would take the misdemeanor with a smile
you may be saying -- smile -- you lost your mountain rocks ??

well compared to what it could have been for you
hope that it all works out

QUESTION - will you be able to keep riding
or is this the end to

RIDE THAT THING

QUESTION - will you be able to keep riding
or is this the end to

RIDE THAT THING

I am going to keep riding it for now, but be careful. The city I was pulled over in is very STRICT on law enforcement. In my area cops drive by me all the time and never stop me. If I am pulled over riding in my area and told not to ride it anymore, or charged again, then I will be forced to stop riding. Until then I will RIDE THAT THING. I want to eventually move to a state that allows unlicensed operation of mopeds, or pedal assist bicycles. It is most likely going to be many many years before I get my license back.

Not Sure What Exactly Happened

It is most likely going to be many many years before I get my license back.

not sure exactly what happened in the first place
that brought you to this point
but - that doesn't matter today

to have had your drivers license taken for many many years
I have a pretty good idea of what's going on
my license is also gone -- for at least one year

here in the newspaper yesterday there was a little story
regarding a man who while drinking and behind the wheel
killed someone
we can all be sure that he did not set out to do this
but - it happened
it said that he's going to prison for 15 years to life
he had other dui's in his past

thing for us to remember here
thank God we didn't do that to anyone
if one drinks and drives
these things can happen to ANYONE

sure wouldn't want to be in prison thinking about

RIDE THAT THING

Sounds like a reasonable deal thats a real low charge.Its probably 4-points against your D.L., I think its 12/yr in most states when they start to suspend.I guess now you work on your fines or whatever else you need to do to get D.L. back.

Ty to stay out of trouble,I was charged with a felony for 2-DWI'S within 5-yrs.There was no accident or anything, felony's carry extreme penalties in all areas of your life.The courts don't care about you, your family, or you're personal dignity.

The criminal justice system is broken in this country, thats why we have 2-million+ in prison, more than any other, and many for non-violent crimes.

I'm ranting now I know.Hope it all works out!

Back