Check your motors people...

I changed out the screw that comes with the kit for an Allen screw with the head ground down (It doesn't take much) and the right washer so it has no play. I can realy torque it down and remove it with no problem.

I just try to reuse the same woodruff key until it is really gouged up and jammed in there tight, as well as keep a few spare woodruff keys in my wallet.

The key slips a little, you clutch and the gear breathes a little, then accelerating vibrations unscrew the screw like a mini hydraulic. When I get a replacement screw I'm gonna locktite that key because I think that's what's caused it. #purpleLocktite

Still haven't found an m8x1t screw, trying another Hardware shop later today.

Everybody breaks a bike differently the moment they sit on it, also tho - only so many things can happen.

I just try to reuse the same woodruff key until it is really gouged up and jammed in there tight, as well as keep a few spare woodruff keys in my wallet.

The key slips a little, you clutch and the gear breathes a little, then accelerating vibrations unscrew the screw like a mini hydraulic. When I get a replacement screw I'm gonna locktite that key because I think that's what's caused it. #purpleLocktite

Still haven't found an m8x1t screw, trying another Hardware shop later today.

Everybody breaks a bike differently the moment they sit on it, also tho - only so many things can happen.
Go to the bike shop, they will have a bolt that is used to hold the cranks on many types of bikes, and it will fit the bevel gear bolt hole just fine.

The difference between Ignorant and Stupid is trying a failed design again and again expecting a different result.

Back