Chinese Cheapy Running well so far

and you are not hauling this:

dual_p11.jpg

no, just between my 200 pound ass, my cravings for speed, and the fact that I occasionally forget to turn my fuel off, doesn't necessarily make for great fuel economy.

right now I'm getting 0 miles to the gallon with my broken arm, a cast doesn't make for a fun ride.

I am just dreading that 2000Km mark when everyone seems to report that the motor starts to fail.

Thanks all.

Rockspider,

I like your picture! It looks like a lot of fun to go riding there. Have you ever considered riding up the coast of Africa a ways? If I lived there, I would love to tackle it on a motorized bike.

These China Girls do fairly well for 2 strokes. I would check compression at around 2000km. If it's a bit low, you're experiencing a loss of power, or you'd like more safety I would rebuild the top end.

4-stroke engines typically receive better lubrication and 2-stroke cylinder walls, pistons, and rings don't usually last as long. Guys with dirt bikes here often rebuild their 2-stroke top ends at the end of a riding season. 4-strokes are not usually rebuilt nearly as often.

I would check your carb float as well. Also note that you need to look at the bottom of the ceramic piece on a spark plug to do a proper chop. The color of the top of the ceramic, grounding strap, and electrode is affected by the heat of the plug.

Thanks for Info, I am probably just going to buy a new Carb as they are pretty darn cheap with a new ring set etc. Give it a good service.

Has anyone solved the issue with the rear wheel loosing it "True" and spokes loosening. I have to tighten up and straighten about every 2nd Week.

With surprising consistency, i get 4,000 kilometers (2,500 miles) out of a top end on a Chinese 2-stroke centre mount motorized bicycle engine; using 25:1 oil/fuel ratio.

My last bottom end went for 10,000 kilometers (6,200 miles), so there's plently of life available from these cheap 2-strokes, so long as a Jaguar CDI is installed and a good billet cylinder head is fitted; with significantly improved cooling surface area, such as the CR Machine Manufacturing billet cylinder head.

The standard carburettor is perfectly ok, but the best option is to install an intake system comprising of a reed valve intake and Walbro style (diaphragm) carburettor; ideally a pumped unit, if you care to have a little extra plumbing on the bike.

Back