Classified powershift hub.

DieselTech

Local time
8:02 AM
Guys this could make a shifter bike real interesting. They handle 70Nm of torque, soo they should handle gas or electric power just fine. It's cool but I think at the price close to a Rolhoff IGH.
Screenshot_20230912-214206_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230912-213946_Chrome.jpg

That's pretty neat. I never liked the front derailer design. They wear out. I had a mountain bike that I rode 4 sets of good tires off, did the brakes twice, and replaced wheel bearings in multiple times. About halfway through having that bike it wore completely through the front derailer. I ended up swapping to a high quality derailer with a nylon block that rubbed the chain when I shifted. I ended up doing those upgrades right before I gave it to a friend. He needed a quicker way to get to school since he lived a few miles out of town. Dang I miss that bike😥

That's pretty neat. I never liked the front derailer design. They wear out. I had a mountain bike that I rode 4 sets of good tires off, did the brakes twice, and replaced wheel bearings in multiple times. About halfway through having that bike it wore completely through the front derailer. I ended up swapping to a high quality derailer with a nylon block that rubbed the chain when I shifted. I ended up doing those upgrades right before I gave it to a friend. He needed a quicker way to get to school since he lived a few miles out of town. Dang I miss that bike😥
This happened because you didn't know about sequential shifting and color coding your shifters. Don't feel bad you couldn't have known because I invented it.

On my nephew's Raleigh mountain bike it has a 3×8 drive system. After doing calculations, this was the sequential shifting system:

Red 1(1-5), Yellow 2(3-6), Green 3(6-8) for 12 non-redundant ratios.

My system eliminates cross-chaining. Enables you to know exactly how to shift to the next higher or lower ratio. The color coding lets you know which sprockets to use with which chainrings.

On the front shifter 1 has a red dot🔴, 2 has a yellow dot🟡, and 3 has a green dot🟢 beside of them. On the rear shifter (1-5) has a red bar🟥, (3-6) has a yellow bar🟨, and (6-8) has a green bar🟩 beside of them.

Lateral chain movement is the enemy of components. The less stress you have the longer the components last. In order to fit something like a 1×11 in between dropouts you have to make thinner components; meaning they'll be weaker. This is fine for human legs; not so much for the torque of an engine though.

On the Sidewinder the shifting system is Red 1(1-3), Yellow 2(3-5), Green 3(5-7). The only time the front chain ring is changed is when in either rear sprockets (3) or (5). Notice this puts very little lateral stress on the chain.

1694623692977.png

Back last year the 12 yo freewheel went out. Finding the best shifters, rear derailleur, and front derailleur to use was some trail and error process. That being said, with my current shifting system the chain and front chainrings have held up well for 3 years now. On the LandRider which used a 1×7 drive system I replaced a chain at least once a year.

With either of these IGH cassette hubs you'll still have a cross-chaining issue. The best thing one could do is calculate up the various gear reductions and devise which sprockets would be best to use with the IGH selections to where some sort sequential order came out of it.

Guys this could make a shifter bike real interesting. They handle 70Nm of torque, soo they should handle gas or electric power just fine. It's cool but I think at the price close to a Rolhoff IGH.View attachment 198618View attachment 198619
What that means is if you had a 28t rear sprocket and a 28t chainring, the lower 0.686\1; then the rear wheel would turn 59 times for every 86 turns of the crank. In others around 2\3.

This happened because you didn't know about sequential shifting and color coding your shifters. Don't feel bad you couldn't have known because I invented it.

On my nephew's Raleigh mountain bike it has a 3×8 drive system. After doing calculations, this was the sequential shifting system:

Red 1(1-5), Yellow 2(3-6), Green 3(6-8) for 12 non-redundant ratios.

My system eliminates cross-chaining. Enables you to know exactly how to shift to the next higher or lower ratio. The color coding lets you know which sprockets to use with which chainrings.

On the front shifter 1 has a red dot🔴, 2 has a yellow dot🟡, and 3 has a green dot🟢 beside of them. On the rear shifter (1-5) has a red bar🟥, (3-6) has a yellow bar🟨, and (6-8) has a green bar🟩 beside of them.

Lateral chain movement is the enemy of components. The less stress you have the longer the components last. In order to fit something like a 1×11 in between dropouts you have to make thinner components; meaning they'll be weaker. This is fine for human legs; not so much for the torque of an engine though.

On the Sidewinder the shifting system is Red 1(1-3), Yellow 2(3-5), Green 3(5-7). The only time the front chain ring is changed is when in either rear sprockets (3) or (5). Notice this puts very little lateral stress on the chain.

View attachment 198636

Back last year the 12 yo freewheel went out. Finding the best shifters, rear derailleur, and front derailleur to use was some trail and error process. That being said, with my current shifting system the chain and front chainrings have held up well for 3 years now. On the LandRider which used a 1×7 drive system I replaced a chain at least once a year.

With either of these IGH cassette hubs you'll still have a cross-chaining issue. The best thing one could do is calculate up the various gear reductions and devise which sprockets would be best to use with the IGH selections to where some sort sequential order came out of it.
Yeah, I never really payed much attention to the shifting, I just rode that bike everywhere. I used to just ride my bicycle around when I was bored. Now I'm usually busy doing things and don't even have much time to just go for a ride.

Back