Clutch help 80CC!! New to forum

ajohns

Local time
3:24 PM
Just finished my first build with my son. Everything went well except that the clutch does not seem to dissengage. I have tried everything and the back tire is locked up and won't free up. Oviously a clutch problem. What needs to be done to get this thing to free up? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi there and welcome.

I had the same problem when I started out. Take the cover off the clutch. Remove the star nut locking screw. Using a pair of needle nose pliers or use a screwdriver and hammer to advance the star nut 1 locking position clockwise. Try it then. If that doesn't work move it another notch. It should only take 1-3 notches to get it to work right.

One bad thing is that sometimes you end up with a substantial pre-load on the clutch pin, bearing and actuator. Premature wear can make these parts fail early. I myself need to find a thread that explains the clutch setup better.:helmet:

Thank you sir!

One more question. The clutch arm should be facing straight towards the rear tire and then adjust the cable to hold in that position? When I do that the arm does not want to go any further. By adjusting the flower nut will this fix this problem?

Back