Coaster Brake Mag Wheels??

Those like like really solid wheels, however I'd be very leery on the coaster brake. There's lots of post about guys having nothing but problems with them and causing accidents when the wheel locks up. Are they available in a freewheel version?

Those like like really solid wheels, however I'd be very leery on the coaster brake. There's lots of post about guys having nothing but problems with them and causing accidents when the wheel locks up. Are they available in a freewheel version?
Probably not available in freewheel. I really like the coaster brakes a lot. So I am going to have a coaster brake on the rear and have a disk brake on the front for faster braking and as a safety if the coaster locks up.

Disc brakes all the way around is the way to go. Forget that stupid coaster brake, unless you're 5. You can get a brake lever that actuates both brakes at the same time. If the coaster brake locks up, you want need a back up.

Disc brakes all the way around is the way to go. Forget that stupid coaster brake, unless you're 5. You can get a brake lever that actuates both brakes at the same time.
Coaster brakes allow you to have more control over the braking allowing smoother braking and is good for light braking around turns. And I can't put 2 disk brakes on because I have the clutch squeezer on one handlebar and the front disk brake squeezer on the other.

you can get a dual pull brake lever to apply 2 brakes at once like @Chainlube said. we are just trying to save you money and injury. coaster brakes are famous for locking up the rear wheel at speed when you least expect it. you will lose control and crash if that happens at 25 mph. its your money and your choice. worst case you could have a bike shop lace in a freewheel hub if you had to. the wheels and tires are the most important part of any motorized bicycle build, thats what your relying on to keep you rolling and safe. those are definately high quality wheels just to bad about the coaster brake. search the forum for coaster brake problems if you dont believe us, we just want you to be safe

The coaster brake is fine and no more dangerous than a freewheel locking up. Just take it apart before you use it and pack it full of good grease like Lucas red & tacky. Also make sure the arm for the brake is connected to the frame good as well.

Coaster brakes are a death trap. So when the chain breaks or comes off how do you plan on stopping? Its 2020 not 1972. Brake technology has come a long way. Heres 14 pages of why coaster brakes shouldn't be used. But again it's your life and your money.

What about the front disc? Ask
Inspector about the freewheel locking up as well. I used 2 bikes with coaster set ups. Cheap Walmart coaster set ups at that and I'm 200lbs and one is a lead acid totin direct drive front hub so it's heavy for sure. Every one knows that a coaster brake can lock up the back tire so i just can't wrap my head around anyone could claim inadequate braking power. In my bicycling experience I've broke more brake cables than chains so I'm not sure how that argument applies. The secret is this, before you use the rear wheel completely disassemble it. Clean it medically clean of all the factory grease and any contaminants. Fill entire hub assembly with trailer hub grade grease. I use Lucas red & tacky. Assemble everything trying to get as much grease inside as you can. I use a needle attachment on my grease gun. After you have assembled and adjusted the bearings spin the wheel a litte to make sure the bearing adjustments are right. Put the wheel on the bike ride a little bit and check your rear wheel bearing tightness. You may need to adjust them slightly. You want them with no play but not binding and it's hard to feel where that is with the thick grease in there with out riding it around a little.

Back