Bike frames for motorized bicycles

Has anyone here bought or know about the bike frames with built in gas tanks and mag wheels and brakes? I’m curious to know if I go all out on a new build. What frames would be best to do this with?
In my humble opinion the best thing that you can do is get a set of mag wheels from BBR tuning Yes you may spend $140 but they are arrow grade machined CNC aluminum rims and they are as bad as strong as you can find on the market if you have that you will have zero issues whatsoever mounting your drive sprocket and they have bead locks built in as well I say this because my bike had a bad habit of folding standard bicycle rims like tacos and snapping the spokes and slipping the hub mount for the three-hole sprockets but the gas bike frames would built in tanks are very nice though they are not necessary to make big power

In my humble opinion the best thing that you can do is get a set of mag wheels from BBR tuning Yes you may spend $140 but they are arrow grade machined CNC aluminum rims and they are as bad as strong as you can find on the market if you have that you will have zero issues whatsoever mounting your drive sprocket and they have bead locks built in as well I say this because my bike had a bad habit of folding standard bicycle rims like tacos and snapping the spokes and slipping the hub mount for the three-hole sprockets but the gas bike frames would built in tanks are very nice though they are not necessary to make big power
Forgive me for some of the typos, I use speech recognition a lot because my hands are eternally dirty 😂

I know there are plenty of 2 stroke ready gas bike frames but I was curious what y'all thought about using a phatmoto and converting it two a 2 stroke cg. Looks like the only thing in the way is the bottom motor plate which could be cut out. Then it looks like if the motor is low enough the jackshaft mount on the seat tube shouldn't get in the way. Curious if anyone has done this or if they think it would be possible. Thoughts?

That's a lot of work for a frame that has the same problems as the felt faker frames.

With three pieces of sheet steel, a bung for a petcock and a bung for a gas cap, and some welding you can convert a hyper beach cruiser into a tank frame.
There's been several custom frame makers here over the last several years.

I just did a little mock up with cardboard and that junk cranbrook I found a couple months back.

You could get a good sized tank in the hump on the top tube. 2/3 maybe even 3/4 gallons. More is possible but it gets too bulky and it would be overkill on range. Even getting 60 mpg and assuming a 2/3 tank that's 40 miles per fill up. When I still worked in town that would last 6 weeks easily.

I also found a short one piece crank in the junk pile too. Use that and some 20 inch bmx wheels and it'd be a funny little thing. I've got half a mind to were money not so tight. It'd be a stump puller with a 44 tooth on it.

My favorite custom frame I've seen on the forums was a long tail cargo bike with a gx35 or subaru robin tucked away in it. Guy making these wanted to sell a bunch of them but frame-building is expensive, and at that time the ebike tech was fit for purpose, just expensive. It
was 10 years ago and even then bldc motors and lithium iron batteries were effective and reliable.

I can't find any steel framed gas tank frames anymore. They are all aluminum now. Check out the first link and you only have to buy one. The second link you have to buy at least 30. Not happening.

That first bike is neat, but yeah, it's not economical to order just one or two, which you can do by ordering a sample, but the shipping is $900, and it may get confiscated at customs.

Why not just buy a Worksman bike frame or a Sportsman drop loop frame & then buy the appropriate fuel tank for either above bikes.

Time you buy either frame & their proprietary fuel tank your probably looking at $800-$900 thou.

I just did a little mock up with cardboard and that junk cranbrook I found a couple months back.

You could get a good sized tank in the hump on the top tube. 2/3 maybe even 3/4 gallons. More is possible but it gets too bulky and it would be overkill on range. Even getting 60 mpg and assuming a 2/3 tank that's 40 miles per fill up. When I still worked in town that would last 6 weeks easily.

I also found a short one piece crank in the junk pile too. Use that and some 20 inch bmx wheels and it'd be a funny little thing. I've got half a mind to were money not so tight. It'd be a stump puller with a 44 tooth on it.

My favorite custom frame I've seen on the forums was a long tail cargo bike with a gx35 or subaru robin tucked away in it. Guy making these wanted to sell a bunch of them but frame-building is expensive, and at that time the ebike tech was fit for purpose, just expensive. It
was 10 years ago and even then bldc motors and lithium iron batteries were effective and reliable.
I have a 5 quart gas tank; get great mileage too. Larger tank means you can make further trips. Though, here in Tennessee stations with a 100% e-free gas are becoming more common. Sadly in many locations, stations with e-free gas may be considerable distances apart.

This is where tha large tank has an advantage. It'll probably get you to the next station with e-free gas where as a smaller tank won't.

Back