Comments on plug color

The weird thing is it ran fine that lean and part of why I got confused was the idle circuit has an effect at top end when you look up some tuning procedures then the bogging would come back when I went up a size in pilot. I think the best time I had with my minkuni clone before I had to switch to this khlien clone was a 25 pilot and a. 65 main. Was a set up I found in on here then my carb went to crap because I lowered the float too much and it started dumping fuel.

Well looks like I'll be changing all the gaskets. Won't even idle with the air screw all the way in I had to turn in the idle screw all the way then out 1 1/2 and idles high tried turning it down and just stalls

Got a spare bottle and some water. Someone said soapy water will work for the crank case

I agree I don't follow tuning steps. It's cold today and it got a little worse went away once it got hot. Also started doing that popping sound when I opened the throttle just a bit until the engine start turning faster. Lost a little bit to 35-36 was my top to 37. Low speed was alot better though 10-15.
Follow the tuning steps... If it doesn't like the cold it's lean...

Forget what some other carb was tuned to... Clean your carb good so you know it's not a spec of dirt throwing you off and go by the procedure.. How the engine reacts is what matters the # anyone else uses is just a reference... Always start rich... The fuel has a lot to do with it... I won't run pump gas for this reason... I've had 60's cars that wouldn't run on pump gas... Depends on how old the tanks are...

So to the spray bottle out ran around the. Block to warm her all up. Took me a minute to find the leak cause it racing I'm my face but it's definitely the Reed plates screwed together I had this problem before when the rubber wore out I have them siliconed right now I have the high temp gasket maker so I'm going to do that

Where can I find the silicone tuning for the intake to. It's not what's causing it but it still getting old.

I use the same gas every time. It's the Reed though the rubber spacers went bad awhile ago so I replace it with what I could. Which is some .5 paper gaskets and silicone. I have high temp gasket makes so I'm going to take it apart clean it up polish it and then seal it all together. My exuast gasket is shot anyway. So I have to take that back off and seal it back together with high temp.

Back