Cronus!

Cronus. He was the chief god of the Titans, the Elder Gods of Greek mythology, and was defeated and supplanted by Zeus (his son), after seizing power himself from his father, Ura*us.

He ruled over the so-called "Golden Age", a time of harmony, peace and plenty.

He is golden. Hear him roar!

Thank you Simple Simon for helping me name my new bike.

And Duane,Thank you is simply not enough.
CRONUS1.JPGCRONUS2.JPG
Duane did all the work,man. I take very little credit.
I DID get that rear fender on there! I needed to clear the sprocket bolt,but you really can't notice it cause the engine kinda screams "HERE I AM!!!"Fender clear.JPG
The thick chain rubbed some on the tire. Remember now Duane had to remove the rubber spacer to clear the coaster arm so it moved the sprocket rather close. But the bike chain is doing it's thing. I really don't think I'll have any issues with this. It's definitely less stress than the stress my Happy Time takes.Bike Chain.JPG
Here he is next to MOOP. Yea,MOOP is really hurting right now. I think he's okay. He knows he's my first. But CRONUS is SUPERIOR!!! Please don't tell MOOP that. That would be the end.W:MOOP.JPG
Look here. Duane moved the rack back simply because he felt it was too close to the seat. I mean it would have been okay. But that's just not good enough. He grabbed a couple more tensioner mounts and moved it back. I tell you,I'm so glad Duane did this install,and he learned from this that cruisers need longer this and longer that.Mount.JPG
Here's the gas line. Duane put a Happy Time line on there. It simply grips better. Again,another example of his perfection. Notice though the lack of a fuel filter.Gas line.JPGThat's no big deal. I can always get one. But there is a pretty good filter at the tank.Filter.JPG

I was in a bit of a hurry today for I had to take my daughter to work so I didn't take any more pictures of Duane nor did I have time to stop at Columbine High School to see that memorial. Duane's not too far from there. But I did manage to ride it some over there.
I tell you. This is NOTHING like MOOP. NOTHING.
It starts real easy,I give it a pedal but you really don't need to (I'm used to MOOP. I feel it has to be easier on the centrifugal clutch in one way or another) And then it just goes. I need to get used to the coaster brake. I find I'm using the front brake pretty often.
This engine is so quiet. this is DEFINITELY the Downtown Bike Trail choice of transportation. And it's so easy to ride that I don't think anyone in my family would have a problem riding this bike. There's a moment that the engine becomes so quiet you can hardly hear it. It's pretty spooky,actually.
I'll still ride MOOP. MOOP is more REBEL,man. You gotta clutch this and pedal so it won't snag that and watch that tensioner and mix that gas well. And it's frame mounted so it's HAR HAR HAR!![Tim Allen]

But CRONUS is simply...MAJESTIC. It GLIDES. It says "I belong on the trail"

Tomorrow I'm gonna do some riding. A few miles at a time. I'll pack a lunch so I'll eat at the park. Then I'll check this and tighten that. Really there's not much. I mean I could carry only a 1/2 inch wrench in my pocket and if my tires don't blow that's all I need.

This is Duane's install. And he rode it too.

Duane rode my bike.

I think that ROOLS.

Oh and another thing. I told Duane yesterday about my chain breaking on MOOP. He gives me another chain.
Simply CLASS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

Struck a deal with DAX on another engine slightly used so the Buggy bike has the old engine and Cronus gets the new engine! It just needed a few things and it didn't run but a carb cleaning and it's purring.
Pics show the Wheelman back wheel,the new upgraded bearings on the carrier,and the shorter crank with a more narrow sprocket to match up the cassette wheel to a 10 speed chain.

I love the shorter crank. My legs don't have to lift up so high and when assisting on hills I can get a more fluid motion when pedaling.

Non motorized bikes yes the longer cranks help huge but when your motoring the shorter cranks are just smoother.

Check it out for yourselves. Go ahead tear apart that kiddie bike!

Attachments

• Photo0895.jpg
    Photo0895.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Photo0896.jpg
    Photo0896.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 192
Back