Custom Whizzer Engine Cooling Fan

Risk Man

Local time
5:48 AM
Another custom Whizzer Engine Cooling fan ready for "Plug and Play" installation! Have had great results with the first one on Bluebird WC1. This one was just installed on Bluebird II. More discussion to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_4724.JPG
    IMG_4724.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 64
Does that just blow on the head/cylinder? If so do you think that would keep a two stroke from overheating at wot?
I have not tried it on my China Girl yet. I am going to order a couple more fans as I need a third one for Gator Whizzer. I will put one on Risky's ride and see if i get the same results. Obviously, the advantage over a "forced air" system is that it cools when the bike is not moving which is the critical time for overheating. Of course, the Whizzer has a built-in power source so on the CG you will need to have a battery system. I have not tested the current draw, but it is pretty low even though it is a super high velocity fan. I have a 7-amp lithium battery system on Risky's Ride so it will work fine

I have not tried it on my China Girl yet. I am going to order a couple more fans as I need a third one for Gator Whizzer. I will put one on Risky's ride and see if i get the same results. Obviously, the advantage over a "forced air" system is that it cools when the bike is not moving which is the critical time for overheating. Of course, the Whizzer has a built-in power source so on the CG you will need to have a battery system. I have not tested the current draw, but it is pretty low even though it is a super high velocity fan. I have a 7-amp lithium battery system on Risky's Ride so it will work fine
I run a bt80, so power isn't a problem if I get one of those

I did a short run on the new Bluebird II after installing the fan on this one and I am getting the same results as on Bluebird. After a 4 mile neighborhood ride (still breaking it in as it only has 6 miles on it) the temps upon return run no higher than 250-270 degrees. Earlier experiments have shown upwards of 50 degree reductions all over the engine. While the mounting location is quick and easy, it does not cover the entire engine but mostly the front / top of the head. I will share some photos soon, but they are hard to see clearly.

I did a short run on the new Bluebird II after installing the fan on this one and I am getting the same results as on Bluebird. After a 4 mile neighborhood ride (still breaking it in as it only has 6 miles on it) the temps upon return run no higher than 250-270 degrees. Earlier experiments have shown upwards of 50 degree reductions all over the engine. While the mounting location is quick and easy, it does not cover the entire engine but mostly the front / top of the head. I will share some photos soon, but they are hard to see clearly.
OK, now ride the sh^t out of it and see if a valve seat pops loose on that WC-1

1999-2004 WC-1 has a history of not being able to make it past 500 miles until a valve seat pops loose
Temperature was blamed for the problem,

OK, now ride the sh^t out of it and see if a valve seat pops loose on that WC-1

1999-2004 WC-1 has a history of not being able to make it past 500 miles until a valve seat pops loose
Temperature was blamed for the problem,
I only have a little over 100 miles on the Bluebird with the first fan install. I have kept it under 25 mph for the most part, changed the oil at 90 miles. Not sure the lower temps will keep it from going bust like most of them do, but I have heard of some folks getting over 1000 miles with no valve seat issue. I am sure they are not "running the SH..." out of that bike though. My expectation is that the lower temperature might hold off the inevitable. We shall see.

I only have a little over 100 miles on the Bluebird with the first fan install. I have kept it under 25 mph for the most part, changed the oil at 90 miles. Not sure the lower temps will keep it from going bust like most of them do, but I have heard of some folks getting over 1000 miles with no valve seat issue. I am sure they are not "running the SH..." out of that bike though. My expectation is that the lower temperature might hold off the inevitable. We shall see
Saying a WC-1 has 1K miles in over 19 - 23 years really don't impress me.
I was putting 3K miles per year on my NE-5 cyl

Good luck I hope your WC-1 lasts forever
What's important is you got the bike and know how to upgrade the top end if ya want WIN WIN

Back