Dio Reed Setup - No start issue

Pictures would really help. lol

every spot we need to see that involves the part and the part.
Come on, none of ya'll have any guesses at all? Forget it.

My whole idea of helping somone out is when a simple request like pics are made to make it easier to see whats happening, put some pics in the next reply, rather than spending so much more time typing...Especially since this request was made multiple times which would have made quick and easy work of problem solving.

Many of us here have solved problems just by looking at one pic and seeing something obvious just jump right out us and know the solution right off the bat, just by seeing it.

If i made a request to see a pic while helping someone and they do not want to do so, then i dont do so in the way of even trying to help any longer then either...I volunteer my time, not waste and squander it...just saying...DAMIEN

Yeah, its driving me nuts. Does changing the pilot jet affect everything that comes after it..... like needle setting and main jet? I mean, they all work in unison right... has to be a 'combined' perfect flow? Like say, you are running your pilot jet a bit too rich, will you then have the excess fuel affect your needle valve adjustment going to your main jet adjustment trying to lean out the initial rich pilot jet? Or say if you are running lean pilot, now you will have to drop the e-clip, and possibly go bigger on main jet? Which then got me thinking, even IF the combined jets made a 14.7:1 ratio in the end...... performance would differ from say, (1) a more richer pilot jet vs (2) a lean pilot jet, and both their corresponding needle clip and main jet differences? Or am I way overthinking this tuning process?
You're overthinking it changing to many things chasing something... I would start over with bigger jets and the needle clip in the middle... Clean everything good make sure the float is level... Like the carb came out of the box but richer...

Yeah pics really do help, & like karl said. Pilot jet is from idle to 1/4 throttle, from 1/4 throttle to 3/4 throttle is needle. Then from 3/4 throttle to full throttle is strictly main jet. Yes a overly rich pilot jet cud cause some issues. I found a 38 pilot jet works best for me, with the clip on the second from bottom notch. On the main jet I would do as Karl said as well, got 2 sizes bigger on main jet, if it gets worse, then go down 4 sizes on main jet.

My whole idea of helping somone out is when a simple request like pics are made to make it easier to see whats happening, put some pics in the next reply, rather than spending so much more time typing...Especially since this request was made multiple times which would have made quick and easy work of problem solving.

Many of us here have solved problems just by looking at one pic and seeing something obvious just jump right out us and know the solution right off the bat, just by seeing it.

If i made a request to see a pic while helping someone and they do not want to do so, then i dont do so in the way of even trying to help any longer then either...I volunteer my time, not waste and squander it...just saying...DAMIEN
He can't take pictures... This isn't helping the frustration lol

Lmfao the old ladies with canes are going to show up again, lmao they put a pretty good beating on me last time. I'm out!!!😁🤣😂

Lmfao the old ladies with canes are going to show up again, lmao they put a pretty good beating on me last time. I'm out!!!😁🤣😂
Why Damen is a LT... Not a detective lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220127-234822.png
    Screenshot_20220127-234822.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 98
  • old-lady-fights.jpg
    old-lady-fights.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 75
I'm here to help as I can, lol dont mind my jokes, just keeping it interesting. FWIW my engine would not idle very long with a 40 pilot jet, it would load up & die. I dropped my pilot jet to a 38 & it idles all day long if need be.

You're fuel filters could be plugged (the one in the tank) just barely supply fuel or bowl set to low not filling up to draw fuel starving the main... It's unlikely but the carb could be defective... Is all I can think of...

Yeah, its driving me nuts. Does changing the pilot jet affect everything that comes after it..... like needle setting and main jet? I mean, they all work in unison right... has to be a 'combined' perfect flow? Like say, you are running your pilot jet a bit too rich, will you then have the excess fuel affect your needle valve adjustment going to your main jet adjustment trying to lean out the initial rich pilot jet? Or say if you are running lean pilot, now you will have to drop the e-clip, and possibly go bigger on main jet? Which then got me thinking, even IF the combined jets made a 14.7:1 ratio in the end...... performance would differ from say, (1) a more richer pilot jet vs (2) a lean pilot jet, and both their corresponding needle clip and main jet differences? Or am I way overthinking this tuning process?
They don't work together... Briefly they over lap as you open the throttle... The pilot only works because of the vaccum at closed throttle while the needle is blocking the main.. as you lift the needle the vaccum disappears and it allows the main to bleed and take over as the taper gets to a point and eventually opens the main fully.... Raising or lowering the needle determine how early or late the main comes on... I will put my fingers over the carb to choke it some and rev it to tell if it's rich or lean...

Back